Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i need everyones opinions....

White_VY

mmmmmmVY
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Herron White VY series II Spac Ute
Hey guys whatsup, haven't been on here for a while but i have a question i cant answer.....

in my ute i'm planning on doing an install in the tub... now here is what i need help with...

should i use 2-3 12" subs... which i have a pioneer sub sitting at home

OR

should i got and buy some new stuff such as maybe 1-2 15" subs or maybe even the square kicker ones....

whats some opinions.. i'm planning on making a perspex wall for the amps and all the standard jazz... and possibly porting whatever subs in the tub into the cabin....

what does everyone think will be the best options for subs... i really cant decide.... cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Depends how you intend to vent them into the cabin?

White_VY

mmmmmmVY
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Depends how you intend to vent them into the cabin?

im thinking...
you know how everyone makes those boxes next to the fuel tank... well just take off that section of the floor and make my box replace that peice and have to port for the box go down to the cabain pressure vents... think this would work?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
sons ute we used bandpass box next to fuel tank and used 4 or 5 inch port to just behind passenger seat, real hard fast hitting bass from polk audio sub (love AC/DC on this thing)

White_VY

mmmmmmVY
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
sons ute we used bandpass box next to fuel tank and used 4 or 5 inch port to just behind passenger seat, real hard fast hitting bass from polk audio sub (love AC/DC on this thing)

i already have a sound system im just bored with it so gonna make some new stuff hahaha how doe sthat box go with waterproofing?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I suppose it would work. Be a nightmare to tune properly. Sound deaden the new enclosure like a mofo... otherwise it truly will be noisier outside the ute than inside and not in a good way.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
no problems with waterproofing-just sprayed with black underbody deadener/sealer no issues, as that part is fairly well sealed anyway not alot if any water gets in(drains from tub etc pass through), no problems tuning, box has to be certain size (cubic litres to suit sub size) port through vent behind seat (removed vent etc) fitted up with facia for port coming through, sealed from outside, these setups have been around for a long time-big write up on them in forum on how to build/tune etc to suit application, it was a good project to do and results are fantastic, lots of noise in car not alot outside (except for speakers in tray-waterproof) system including head, splits amps, sub, box, dual battery set up to run amps etc etc about $2500, car audio store up here that we got most of the gear through are very impressed,

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Lol do a blowthrough or go home... screw the laws.

White_VY

mmmmmmVY
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
no problems with waterproofing-just sprayed with black underbody deadener/sealer no issues, as that part is fairly well sealed anyway not alot if any water gets in(drains from tub etc pass through), no problems tuning, box has to be certain size (cubic litres to suit sub size) port through vent behind seat (removed vent etc) fitted up with facia for port coming through, sealed from outside, these setups have been around for a long time-big write up on them in forum on how to build/tune etc to suit application, it was a good project to do and results are fantastic, lots of noise in car not alot outside (except for speakers in tray-waterproof) system including head, splits amps, sub, box, dual battery set up to run amps etc etc about $2500, car audio store up here that we got most of the gear through are very impressed,

thanks heap man, yeah already got all my sound system installed just wanting a bit more bass than the slimline hahahah! thanks so much for your help i really appreciate it!