Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i need help buying car

magpies1

I ARE SOOPER DOOPER
Reaction score
Members Ride
fast car

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Ok, first thing you will be governed by No modifications P-plate laws, so you will need to change the exhaust back to stock, the suspension would be debatable*.

For nearly 7 grand and 264 Km's I wouldnt be so keen. I've Seen VT's with Less K's cheaper then that, but it depends if you want the sound system and rims. But remember things like rims and sound systems are worth sweet **** all second hand which that gear is now second hand. Id keep looking.

For a first car I would go for something reliable and cheap to run and not so much looks or wank factor items. I went for a car I always wanted for a first car (VK) but Im young just got my P's and love driving everywhere, I do a thousand Km's a week, if I was to do that in the VK it would be about 350bux in petrol, thankfully I have a VT and only spend around $200 bux a week lol, but you get my point, you will want to drive every where so think of running costs, over fancy rims etc.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
as above.
you can get a VT for a less or even a VX for near that price privately.
Hell, for just a couple of grand more, you could buy a VZ with less than 100000km at auction - and thats a fixed price car with a warranty.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Looks like a nice car,its just a shame about the K's. Personally with those k's i wouldnt even look at it. The auto will be just about shagged and your getting to a point where the engine is more than well worn, especially if it hasnt had regular services for the life of the car.
6600 is a little steep, if it had low k's you would pay close to it but it dosnt so its not worth it.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Yeh, same as what these guys said.

Its not a bad looking car, but probs not worth the money.

If you really wanted the car though, you could make an offer. Like.........3500.......lol, you never know your luck sometimes.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I wouldn't go near it mate, stereo, rims they all amount to nothing in the scheme of things. I have been there mate, when I was shopping for my first car I wanted all those things like rims, stereo, tint, lowered, exhaust...look real pimp when driving to uni and around the city and that...but seriously other people are right, get something reliable and then do what you want to it...

I waited 4 months, saved every penny over summer looked at 20+ cars...thankfully I found exactly what I wanted, VS Spack and I paid $5000 for it with a Roadworthy with 204,000k's...full service history, brand new tranny, new tyres etc...so what your looking at for $6600 is not worth it mate, get a VT or a VX for that...not a VS (my mate paid $11grand for a 97 HSV enhanced VS SS and its a piece of crap, sump has dumped its oil like 4 times and everything just breaks)

So...get something reliable that won't need thousands of dollars of TLC..believe me you don't want that on your first car...

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
i agree with the above mate, i'm 16 and i'm onto my second car now haha still on my l's but get something reliable, with a good service history that's well looked after, when you need a new gearbox, or a suspension overhaul your 2 amps and rims arent going to pay for it, i bought a factory manual vs commodore, full service history, 160 thousand k's, rego for $3000. shop around alot, and beat them down, dont be afraid to get the best deal you can. Good luck mate.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
If u got 6g's or more u could buy better, ive seen vt's and vx go for that price..

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Iagree with all the above, I wouldn't be paying more than $3000 for something like that-but i am a scotsman born and bred!!!! Go for a vx or vy if you shop around.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
anyway, if you really want that car, tell him he's dreaming to get that amount..

In reference, there was a guy on this forum and who tried to sell his car on ebay in late 2007...he tried to sell his car for like 13 months before he finally sold it...
it was a manual VT S-Pack, he'd done bodykit, stereo, rims all that gear etc...he wanted like $20grand for it...when the market value was like $6, it took him all those years to come down in price, eventually sold it for like $12grand without stereo and rims to some young kid who obviously thought that he was getting a sweet car, little did he know he'd paid 3 times too much for something that wasn't worth it...

think of it this way...would you pay $500 bucks for a slab of VB stubbies?