Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Need help from you guys.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Surely there is a shop somewhere that can balance a tailshaft, fairly straightforward job and not like its vehicle specific. I had one done, with a new bearing for $220 au a couple of years back by a local guy. Still probably cheaper to find someone somewhere over your part of the world than to have a used one posted over.

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
No, but mine is out of balance and I didn't found any shop that could balance it. So instead of wasting my money on used one I thought I could buy a new one but without luck.
How did you unbalance your old tailshaft?

AboTurki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore Vy 3.8L ECOTEC A4
How did you unbalance your old tailshaft?
I didn't, I bought the car used from my father's friend and he said the driveshaft was installed from another used car same model and same engine and isn't the original one and the engine was swaped with functional one, I've checked the engine and it was in really good condtion but the driveshaft wasn't good and make some serious vibration specially if I hit 2.5K RPM until it disappears at 100kph (62.11mph),So yeah I wasn't lucky . Do you know any website that could have an OEM Driveshaft or even custom made one ? I will be so grateful if you can tell me about any website that have good quality.

AboTurki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore Vy 3.8L ECOTEC A4
Surely there is a shop somewhere that can balance a tailshaft, fairly straightforward job and not like its vehicle specific. I had one done, with a new bearing for $220 au a couple of years back by a local guy. Still probably cheaper to find someone somewhere over your part of the world than to have a used one posted over.
I did this before but yet it didn't workout for me, So I want a new one to save money ( I know it's expensive but it'll last as long as I took care of it)

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Are you sure it's the tailshaft that is causing the vibration? Check the rear bearing in the gear box, it can cause the same problem.

Waz888v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1 s2
Give( gibbs trucks and trailers parts ) on the gold coast australia a call they will get u one

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ask @wannaeatyourbrains for some ideas. Guy is clever as with heaps of ghetto solutions that work.