Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need help with my fuel guage floater

dislocatex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hello

Since i bought my Vt Berlina it always had a little trouble with the electronic fuel guage and manuel needle fuel gauge, it would have a wrong reading, then work, then not work etc

But then one day it died completely, went to empty on both the screen and the needle and stayed there. Then i had a service and during the knocking around it must have bumped the floater and it worked again,.
Then the car went back in again for a radiator flush and while being raised and lowered it must have done it again and now its not working again!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?
I used to just start and stop the motor and it would bump it into place but now nothing works and i have no idea how much petrol i have left!?

thank you

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Why dont you just replace the fuel sender guage? Berlinas are notorious for having this happened. My mum's VR Berlina had this problem a while ago, but it's all fixed now, that was electronics that needed work.

dislocatex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
oh ok
is this possible to be done by oneself?

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Yeah you can, gotta drop the tank and pull the pump out. Not sure if the VT has a separate pump and sender, i think they do, so you'll just have to replace the sender, on the VX you have to do the pump and sender as it's one module.

Pretty sure there is a how to somewhere, or do a search on fuel pump sender or something along those lines.