Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need help with my vy series two computer errors v6 3.8 litre vehicle duel fuel but mainly petrol

Anthony J.R

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy series 2 2004 duel fuel 3.8 v6
I need help had with errors I swapped the motor and still getting errors that I need to fix need help I have a vy series 2 2004 duel fuel sedan but running off patrol and gas disconnected from the motor but still getting errors need to remove most of them if post able the car is running and moving just have the errors and coming up error link?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
First of all, punctuation is a thing. Got breathless just reading your post. Secondly, to be able to help, we need more info than “errors”. What errors? On the dash? Via a scan tool? If from a scan tool, what error codes?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you swapped out either bcm or ecu? I believe they are linked

Anthony J.R

Reaction score
Members Ride
I having swapped any computer side of things because I only swapped the motor as a replacement

Anthony J.R

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn’t need to swap anything like computer side of things only the motor due to a head gasket problem I had rebuilt the original one but wasn’t cranking so I swapped it with another motor that’s the only part for the car I have done

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Then you need to list the errors or we can't help.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
What do you mean by link error? Take your time. Explain in detail what this means. The more info you provide, the easier it is for us to try and help. Is it showing link error on the dash? Have you put a scan tool on it to see if it has any dtc (diagnostic trouble codes)? If so which ones are listed?

From what i can gather, the story so far is:
1) you did a motor swap, this was after you blew a head gasket. Replaced head gasket but motor wouldnt crank.

2) now it cranks, but you are getting some sort of error somewhere

I have a vague recollection that when i did an engine swap in a vx, i had to swap in the ecu and bcm from the donor car in order to get it to crank an run.

Anthony J.R

Reaction score
Members Ride
The car runs and turns and moves but the linking error from a scanner comes up linking code so I have in this picture

Attachments

• B7372918-B31A-40C0-894B-B2BACE5BF4D8.jpeg
    B7372918-B31A-40C0-894B-B2BACE5BF4D8.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 106
L

luckytobealive

Can anyone point me in right direction? Never used these sites before so apologies if not doing the right thing!! Need some information as to any problems associated with 2002 Holden Executive V6 Auto which caused the car I was driving to stop suddenly no power, no steering, no brakes - could not drive - and happened in an instant. This occurred 5 times each time returned to Holden service centre and each time returned and immediately occurred again - last time unfortunately it was on a major road full of cars and I got smashed. Car a write-off and ended in hospital for 3 months with life long injuries.

I was advised by several mechanics to tell Holden to check the CRANK AUTO SENSOR. I did and the manager refused stating 'too expensive it would cost $300 to $400 and codes do not show' and instead he stated 'we wiggled a wire and crimped it, so pick up the car'.

The accident occurred after this (2016). In 2016 Holden's total revenue was $3.5 billion and posted a profit of $152.8 million but my life and the lives of every other road user were not even worth $300 to $400!

I also read on another post that "GM service manuals state that a sudden failure of a component will often not set a code'. If anyone has any information re this statement and wire I can locate this that would be most helpful.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.