Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need help

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I need help, I'm installing hsv ve gauges and I can't seem to get the lights to turn off. Going by car modded tap into the body module but I can't do that. It's too hard basket. Is there a easier way?

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I need help, I'm installing hsv ve gauges and I can't seem to get the lights to turn off. Going by car modded tap into the body module but I can't do that. It's too hard basket. Is there a easier way?
use the smokers pack plug behind the console on the right hand side below the stereo head unit for power,lights etc.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
as glenho says thats where i've got mine from as well (hows it going, managed to get some red leds for mine instead of lamps) we've both done this mod lol

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Ok this is what I did. http://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php?doc_id=59&model_id=19

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Illumination wire I connected it to body module pin 24 brown plug.

When gm LAN + wire is disconnected, the lights for the gauges work like they should on and off etc. but when I connect the gm LAN + wire the lights won't turn off, they stay on even if I turn the headlights off.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
do ur gauges lights turn off like they should?

yes mate,just run your wire for lights to the plug at the back of console and connect it in and bobs your uncle:)

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bottom right hand side under head unit.youll see the white plug.thats for the smokers pack.sounds like your gauges are getting a 12v+constant power source from some where else.

Last edited: