Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need some advice.

Deano_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon
Hi Guys,

My current Daily is my 2010 VE SSV Wagon. I have had a little work done such as, Healty Comp Cam fitted, OTR, full head upgrade with double valve springs, brass trunion bushes, hydraulic lifters, Bigger pushrods, heads have also been CNC ported at Higgins and decked to bump up compression. I also have long tube headers and a full stainless exhaust fitted. Been remapped and does 370rwkw.

But I am stuck. I would like to further fit a Edelbrock cross ram and a Custom OTR that I had made to suite the dual Throttle boddy design of the XRam, but I dont know whether this would be pushing my luck. I really like the dual plenum look of the XRam and Want to keep the car as a Daily.

As all my current upgrades aren’t fully visible, except for the OTR (which I have a permit for) and it has been over the pits recently with no issues. As the Car came from NSW

Anybody have advice on this, or any other Dual plenum intake options?
Or should I just forget the whole idea altogether?

Thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Do you just want it for the looks or are you trying for gains? Because TBH I don't think it's going to do much for a daily driver.

Deano_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon
Do you just want it for the looks or are you trying for gains? Because TBH I don't think it's going to do much for a daily driver.

I am looking to gain from it. All said, this is only a part to the build I want to do. This would only be iteration 2.0

We are all restricted to a budget and finances, thus this is only a stepping stone.
I would like to eventually install a stroker crank, high compression pistons and do a turbo.

So yes it might not do much at this stage, but is a necessary evil