Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need some mod ideas for my VN Calais

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
if ur being serious, there would be no differnce at flywheel power, just less powerloss thru manual.

Of course i was being serious, about the power....not about Morton lol.
I just thought if there was an increase in rear wheel KW, then there may have been an inrease in power, if measured at the flywheel. I dont know a whole lot about mechanical aspects when it comes to a car..Manual conversions are something i've been interested in for a while, i know there quicker, but i didnt realaise there was a power increase to he had at the same time:thumbsup:

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
What, me personally? 50kg. ;)

Driving fast isn't just a hobby. It's a lifestyle.

No mate, not you - the OP.

But if you only weigh 50kg, why worry about stripping out the car? You've already got a weight advantage over 95% of the rest of us!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
No mate, not you - the OP.

But if you only weigh 50kg, why worry about stripping out the car? You've already got a weight advantage over 95% of the rest of us!

He's even got 10 kilos on me :p lucky it's a VQ he drives

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Thinking of putting a pod filter on a chrome intake pipe, with a hsv SV3800 chip in. Just wondering although this may seem like a stupid I've never had any of these items in my car before, so with the pod air filter, would I still be able to put a cold air induction kit on? or if not can should I put the CAI with a K&N Filter on?

-cheers

INVSBL

Lazyboy Productions
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY V8 BERLINA WAGON, 180SX TYPE X, LR DEFENDER 90
no pod filter, unless u wanna loose performance, just put a better filter in the stock box and bet urself the super six cold air intake attachment for the box.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
yeh just a good k&n panel filter will do i run a pod but only because i got sick of replacing my air box dam lpg back fires but i will be going back to a panel soon seeing i have fixed the issue

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
OP Pod filters can be good, but must be used correctly. The most common mistake people make when fitting a pod filter(other than buying a cheap one), is that they have the filter exposed in the engine bay. Meaning it is surrounded by hot air, therefore it is sucking that hot air through the filter. A pod filter will work better than a panel filter, only if it is installed, in an enclosure, sealing it off from the engine bay heat.

Unless your handy enough to knock up your own enclosure for the pod (in this case, yes, you will be able to run a cold air intake setup to it), then i wouldnt bother, i would just run with an over the radiator cold air intake to the factory airbox. You can pick these up from Holden ( and many other places) and should set you back around the $80 mark .They are the air intakes for the VS supercharged V6. A common mod for them also if your handy with a heat gun, is to expand the mouth on them. If you have money to spend, a decent panel filter, such as a K&N, otherwise, the standard RYCO filters to a good enough job.