Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I run a fairly high idle on my vr

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No, you would need a login to price online with Ashdown. They generally sell to the trade. I have bought parts from them before and i don't have an account, my local will do some cash sales. Not sure about all stores.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pick a Part or U Pull It, should be cheaper. Not sure where you live and whether either of the above are an option for you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I certainly wouldn't pay 100 bucks for a used one. A reco is probably $170 IIRC and those units are 115amp.

RorzaaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim wagon
I certainly wouldn't pay 100 bucks for a used one. A reco is probably $170 IIRC and those units are 115amp.
Im from nowra, there isnt an ashdown near me. Ill go have a look at a few different wreckers and see what i can come up with.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Repco sell just the brushes if you have the tools to solder them in.but a truck I learnt years ago get a stone and jam between the alternator reg and the inlet manifold will push the brushes in enough to get a few hundred kms out of the old ones lol

RorzaaBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim wagon
Repco sell just the brushes if you have the tools to solder them in.but a truck I learnt years ago get a stone and jam between the alternator reg and the inlet manifold will push the brushes in enough to get a few hundred kms out of the old ones lol
Bahah ill give that a try in the meantime

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
9 times out of 10 it's merely that the brushes have worn to the point where there's not enough pressure on the slip rings and thus low voltage. Just replacing the brushes will do what you require.