Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Slapped on some paint to the engine. take a look

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
ahk, well i'll find out prior to buying, but id imagine the higher the better

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
can try jet hot coatings, which is a ceramic coating that looks silver.
Anly costs around $300 which includes them couriering them to and from your home, sandblasting them clean and then coating. advantage is it also helps reduce engine bay temps by a few degrees. as well as stops any more corrosion as they get coated inside as well.
http://www.jet-hot.com.au/

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
On the average daily driver I would recommend 1500degF heat proof paint, you need to really prep the surface well and remove all contaminants, when I painted my header on my 202 I bead blasted them first, then washed them down with wax & grease remover then blew them down with compressed air & painted them.
When painting put a couple of coats around edges & welds first let each coat dry before applying the next, then fill in the rest of the areas & give the whole thing another coat when done.
When fitting them make sure your working with clean tools & parts are they will mark, I wrapped mine in rag untill i was finished fitting them. I had mine painted for 2 years and showed no signs of rust, discolouration and they looked great.

The Jet hot coatings are awesome and I will be getting a fair amount of my exhaust done for my VK just before I register it. If the car is something nice or you have money to burn its the way to go.

cheers
Scott