Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think I broke it

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Hey everyone, I think i have broken/stuffed up one of my power window regulators. Its from the rear passenger door. I was testing the motor to see if it works and the stupid slider part came right off the rail...:bang:
Now the slider is undone from both ends and the wire that runs it, is now too short. Now i think this motor is from a newer model, as it was bolted, not pop - rivited into the door. The other rear regulator is completely different.

Now can anyone help me get the broken motor back together?? Sorry for the long post. I really want power windows.
In the pic, the broken motor is on the left, original VN calais motor is on the right.

Attachments

• DSC03541.jpg
    DSC03541.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 202

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Hahah i did that too :) Its a ball breaker to get back on. What you've got to do is get somebody to pull those 2 black mouldings over the cables in towards the motor really tightly. That will give yoU JUST enough slack to feed the wire back onto the tracks and onto the window guide.
Hope that helps :)

If you cant get the wire around the white wheel (like me), do what i did. I got a stanley knife and sliced away at a small portion of the wheel, so i could squish it on.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Thanks for the reply mate. I've had enough of this power window convesion. I've just found out that the other rear reg is stuffed. So now i have to put the old winder back in.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
I'm so over this today.