Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think i got stiffed

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
lol exactly,, by the way when ppl mention brake pads at $70 a set,that means for each wheel yeh? if its for each wheel then the pads all up cost $314 as oppossed to roughly $280 based on $70 set.. Thats not too drastic i think there labour charge killed me.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
No, $70 for all the fronts will get you really good pads. And you don't need really good pads for the back - the back only does such a small percentage of your braking anyway.

I just got good pads for a mate's car. $100 all around, and they stop the damn thing on a dime.

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
ahh those dodgy farkers,i looked at the receipt again that $157 include the standard installation charges. Now it appears they have charged me labour to fit pads and then charged me labour to fit discs...Now it makes sense to me ,fitting pads should be included in the labour of fitting the discs.To fit discs you gotta take the calipers off anyway... Bloody bastards

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
thats dodgy. to install rotors, the calipers come off anyway. once the calipers are off, its a 10 second job to fit new pads

edit - didnt read your last line. you said the same thing

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Look the lesson here is, changing rotors and pads is easy general upkeep of the car, you really shouldn't be paying someone to do that

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Oh yes lesson is learned,in all the years of cars i have never mucked around with brakes,in the past i have stripped the heads off my cleveland 3 times in 1 week because it was going through 20 litres water a day only to find out it was a cracked block..lol.. So yeh i can do most things but no experiance with brakes for some silly reason(never even changed pads in my life) Just thinking farc i gotta have a safe car so i said do it.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
the disc simply slips off while you have the caliper off, 2 min job to swap that. Unless they charge $120 hr that price seems very unreasonable to change 2 rotors and new pads

Not in a VN, There attached to the ball joint with the wheel bearings inside them, thats why I asked were the wheel bearings replaced.
Depending if the new rotors come with new cones, they may have had to knock the cones out, whack them into the other rotor and regrease wheel bearings etc, but still its a stupid cost even if they did do that which I doubt.

VS onwards rotors and pads can be changed in under 5 minutes a wheel though caus they are the floating rotor (no wheel bearings inside them).

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Not in a VN,

VS onwards rotors and pads can be changed in under 5 minutes a wheel though caus they are the floating rotor (no wheel bearings inside them).

Ahh k. VR is floating rotors too, well my fronts are, not sure about the rears, never had to pull them off yet.