Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think i got stiffed

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Gday guys,went to a frontend/brake place to check a knock in my front end and $1000 later im driving home.. all 4 discs were undersized ,pads not far from being replaced and needed a left hand linkpin. ok got pissed off as i just brought this car a week ago and trying to get it roadworthy..GRr So got 4 new discs and pads fitted along with the linkpin.. Whats the going prices for 4new discs and pads fitted for a VN V8?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Discs can range from 50bux a pair, to around 60bux each for a standard set.
Pads You can get cheap ****, but Bendix will det you back around 50-70 a set.
Did they replace wheel bearings?

its a damn lot of money for Disks/Pads and a link pin.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Didn't go to pedders did you?

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
nah went to brakes plus...from what i can understand from the receipt is the front discs were $87 each the rear discs were $78each pads were $157 for front $157 for rear $96 labour for front and $96 labour for rear..link pins $68 +$96 to fit..Bugger me thats a joke $96 to fit 1 link pin,,,total $288 in labour.... Thats f##ked

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Bah! And here I am with a set of heavy duty link pins and bushes I'll gladly get rid of for $15!

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
but i tell you what the fkn brake pads must be made out of kevlar or something. Im going back there tommorrow to question all this labour and the price of the front pads. How much is a top set of brake pads roughly? Im pretty sure its not $157 a pair

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
i bought the ve brake upgrade for 765 odd dollars and fitted myself (front only )- think for normal brakes got quoted bout 3-400 for fronts only - so all 4 sounds bout right

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
good brake pads are only about $50-70 a set. $157 LOL, thats insane. Are they a full race set with a spare set in the glove box.
Link pins i bout myself today. A pair of them with nolothane bushes set me back $55. They are half hour to change both of them on a hoist. Took me an hour rolling around under the car taking it slow.
I'd quiz the labour charges. Most could do a brake pad change in less than an hour for each set and the disc simply slips off while you have the caliper off, 2 min job to swap that. Unless they charge $120 hr that price seems very unreasonable to change 2 rotors and new pads

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeh they changed all 4 rotors and all pads...i was in abit of a huff so i said fix it...i now regret it..so all up it was $288 in labour.. Lets face it i can say what i like they arent going to care or give me any money back ..Oh and the best part was if i wanted slotted front rotors the total price would have been $1250. Then he wanted $260 to supply and install short stroke rear shockers..haha no thanks thats a 10 min job for around $100I tell you what i aint going near there again..Now ima kicking myself so much for a free inspection,should have just said ok and took the car home and dealt with it later..

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Next time, ask for a quote first :)