Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think Im gonna be sick......by by ss

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
L&P platers in high performance cars without gradually getting used to power increases are all temporary citizens imo
if your going to go from basically never driving to 600+ hp invest in a tombstone first

What a load of crap. I learnt in an XF Falcon, my first car was an RX2 with a T4 Garrett mounted to the side of a 13b...

Idiocy is what kills people, not the cars they are in.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
the senator is dads but he passed away so eventually its mine, im the only one thats actually taking care of it so I put it under my thing

yeah I wonder how much it would to insure a 670hp senator?

bahaha just a joke, theres no way in hell mums gonna let me drive that around, the best Im alloud to do is start it and give it a mini service or reverse it out of the garage ;)

I aint selling the senator for anything stays in the family so dont bother man, took me ages to find the dam thing plus its only got 44702ks on it so shes a keeper

The thing I'm missing here is that you said it was your dad's, then you say that you spent ages finding it? DID YOUR DAD REALLY OWN IT OR DID YOU BUY IT???

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
L&P platers in high performance cars without gradually getting used to power increases are all temporary citizens imo

i went from an 88 hp excel
to a 370 hp R8
bout 1 week after i got off my P's
without ever driving a powerful RWD (i had a pagero)
with no implications.

sources

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 hsv ve gts
when my dad died the senator got sold....after so many years ....then this year I wanted it so I did some searching around, and found that it wasnt too far away from where I lived so I met the guy explained the situation he offered a price and and then mum bought it, I AINT driving the senator.....for a long time only once ive got my fuill license....and yeah u guys are right you can crash any type of car, not matter how powerful/powerless its the imaturity and utter ignorance that causes the crashes 'everyone look at me i can do 200ks an hour im soo cool' I had a mate that died in crash because of pure idiocy, im sorry but I refuse to do burnouts and ruin my tyres and possible my engine and clutch just to please people

Jezza007

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executve
if that is true and they are planning to restrict l platers to a 4 cyl car, that is just stupid, becoz then they get there p's and go jump in a 6 or 8 and have no supervision all of a sudden. arent l platers ment to have supervision on hw to drive and hw to control a car. this is how you get inexpirienced p plate drivers who end up in serious accidents

sources

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 hsv ve gts
an jezza i know aye farout ive gotten so much s*** from everyone I know quote from my cuz ' u fool ur digging urself a grave' for gods sake i have to have a parent in the damn car for 1 HOLE year, and plus u guys know my views on being an idiot, I bought the ss because theres no way in hell another oportunity like that would arise, and theres plenty of people who had a 8 for there first, hell my dad had a hq monaro for his first back in the day.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
imo, it doesn't matter what car you drive, you can just as easily kill yourself in a 4cyl as you could a s/c v8.

any car is a weapon. the thing i do not like it how alot of these v8's etc have more safety features but you cannot drive them. go figure.

as for driving a v8 on your p's in some states like vic it is possible, with an exemption.
neighbour was telling me about a 19yr old in vic with a Maloo. all because his boss has written up he needs it for work. can drive it between certain times.
so there are ways around it, if those laws ever come in to your state.