Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think Im gonna be sick......by by ss

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
so your not on your l's and you brought a ss to drive once your on your p's, since whens that been allowed? unless yeah it is legal to drive 8's on your p's where your from, but i would be more worried that by the time you get your p's they change the rules, and i doubt they would change the rules in that way, it would be to inconviniant for l platers and family's to only drive 4's

sources

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 hsv ve gts
yeah man it is legal to drive an 8 when your on ur ls in w.a, if it law does come in then im just gonna have to drive my sisters new barina, but let pray that it doesnt come in :)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
In nsw you can legally drive a V8 on your p's if you have proof of ownership of it prior to the rules coming in which is like 2004 or 5 sometime round then. And to own a V8 and be just on your P's now youd only have been like 12 or 13 which is pretty young to legally own a car. Spose i got my first car when i was 10 though haha.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Idiots on the road are still going to kill themselves or others regardless of the number of cylinders crashing and kicking underneath the bonnet

I feel almost embarrassed now just how easy it was to get a licence back when I got mine (and we weren't really restricted to what we were allowed to drive)

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah its legal to drive an 8 on your l's in n.s.w to, i just ment once your on your p's driving the 8

sources

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 hsv ve gts
@ vk sl 3800 Im 16 next month and Im buying the car with my own money, long hours at work, on holidays now so ive been working pretty much every day besides monday, mums gonna have to help with the insurance coz ill pay out of money :( but its well worth it :)
@ crazyspoon05 totally agree with that mate, you can have a hyundai and get killed in a crash, NOTE im getting my car on my birthday so ill be a decent age ;)

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
are you even allowed to drive an 8 on your p's??

If you read earlier in the thread.

In WA, there is no Power-to-Weight ratio legislation, YET.

There is no power restriction, cylinder restriction or any restriction of sorts here in WA for P plate drivers, just the BAC of .00 and the 12am-5am curfew for red P plate drivers.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Insure it in your mum's name or you will take out a loan not jsut for petrol but for insurance aswell. One good thing about the ACT is that they have no restrictions yet.. You can get your l's 15, 9 months, drive as fast as the sign states l's and p's, Drive any car with any cylinders, no passenger restriction's or any other bs, i don't reckon it will take long for all of that to change though

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
L&P platers in high performance cars without gradually getting used to power increases are all temporary citizens imo
if your going to go from basically never driving to 600+ hp invest in a tombstone first