Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think Im gonna be sick......by by ss

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I dont see how banning driving V8's on your P's.. I mean my mum's stock XR6, has more power then most V8's.. Not trying to brag.. But Ive looked at the statistics.. and you could legally drive the XR6..
I was lucky enough to get in before the laws changed for me..
I can understand banning turbos and super chargers.. but V8's.. come on.. 2 extra cylinders....
and as other people have said... You can kill your self in any car.. Hell.. With a motor bike.. you gotta do a course.. and you got your license.. and bikes are more dangerous.. and alot more faster the cars..
Sources.. Get your P's asap :p

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Nah you're mums Xr6 probably does have more power then a V8 Belmont. Which is why the law is so damned retared.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Yeah, Power to weight should be the way to go for P plate laws, Not just a blanket ban...

Like the Alloytech makes more power than the old 5L's, and you can drive that Diesel twin turbo Audi powerplant but not a SAAB 900 turbo...

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I dont no if its even a law I just got told so im looking it up right now as we speak, I really do hope its not the case, i get my ls in exactly a month (28th of jan!!)

I'd say you're rooted then. Put it in a shed and spend time building it. Then when you CAN drive it, you'll be able to walk straight into a high powered vehicle and make a complete mockery of the govt's suedo safty legislation.

Wait.. Don't see why

Please excuse if this has been covered but i am too tired to read on...

With NSW, so it should be the same, If you owned the car (or any V8 for that matter) before the ban came into effect, then you're allowed to drive it.

I think its something like if i owned a V8 when i was 10 (so before the law came into effect 1st july 2005), I have to show documents to prove i owned it (receipt as you have to be 16 to rego a car) then they have to take the ban off because i might have spent tremendous amounts of money on my car, Just to find out i cant have it..

So basically, get something that says you own a V8, the Senator in your name, the VXSS in your name, hell, even an AU ford V8 in your name and you can drive it, But make sure you have proof that the car was in your name before the law comes into effect...

sources

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 hsv ve gts
the senator is in mums name, hang on I pretty much paid for my ss, I have no money im my account whatsover, can my car be uunder my name? i dont know much about what happens with insurance stuff so im curious ...

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Yeah, Power to weight should be the way to go for P plate laws, Not just a blanket ban...

Like the Alloytech makes more power than the old 5L's, and you can drive that Diesel twin turbo Audi powerplant but not a SAAB 900 turbo...

Yeah, But I recon.. Because they dont know the 'power' of the engine... and the actual weight.. Without going through alot of bs.. They just said.. Lets ban V8's. Its so much easier.. Popping the hood and seeing a V8.. instead of seeing '200kw' or w/e

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Yeah, But I recon.. Because they dont know the 'power' of the engine... and the actual weight.. Without going through alot of bs.. They just said.. Lets ban V8's. Its so much easier.. Popping the hood and seeing a V8.. instead of seeing '200kw' or w/e

Just a quick question, I don't exactly know how the P-T-W ratio works, but say for example you did aftermarket modifications to your car (4 or 6 cylinder), specifically forced induction, or any performance modification. Is it a case of if you get pulled over, bad luck get it changed, or do lots of people really do take the gamble?

sources

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 hsv ve gts
essentially yes ur right mate, but once u get it changed ur gonna cop a whopping fine and loss of liscence (I think) not to sure here in w.a we can have anything we want

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
essentially yes ur right mate, but once u get it changed ur gonna cop a whopping fine and loss of liscence (I think) not to sure here in w.a we can have anything we want

Even though WA is 20 years behind the rest of the country, it's probably a good thing in this case ;)