Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We had a combined birthday party for two of my staff a work tomorrow. But today it come from the top we are not allowed to hold the gathering of 15-17 people due to the risk of corona virus. As an NGO unfortunately we can't be seen to be going against what the Gov recommends which is any gathering where the sharing of food and drink occurs.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
meanwhile back on eBay Australia....
The stupidity is truly astounding, had to take a screenshot for proof, just do a search and list ad at highest price
eBay states that making a BID is a binding contract to purchase. if you win.
The bidding started at $10 two days ago....check the bid history.
The ad definitely says ONE 6 pack....I can't believe the latest price bid !!! :confused:

When I was a young bloke growing up, Australia was never like this....you've changed Australia....and it's not a good look.

a1Pf1eA.jpg

Those bidders must be taking the piss, surely?

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Was sold out on their site at $30, lots of bad feedback for other sales cancelled then re-listed with extra zeros on the price.
Screenshot_20200316-191926_eBay.jpg

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Wtf the tablets I have to take every day after I had a heart attack that i usually buy from our local chemist for $19.90 have suddenly shot up to $60.00. Is this even.lègal ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wtf the tablets I have to take every day after I had a heart attack that i usually buy from our local chemist for $19.90 have suddenly shot up to $60.00. Is this even.lègal ?

Yep some heart medicine apparently comes from China and could possibly be in extremely short supply. Wife found out this today when she went the Dr.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yep some heart medicine apparently comes from China and could possibly be in extremely short supply. Wife found out this today when she went the Dr.

Geez... Finding out heart medication is made in China just makes everything so much worse....
And now they want to charge more for it?

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Regarding Ebay, they don't and can't do ****. I gave up on ebay after I put something up, I clearly said I will not post my item, it was clearly written in bold. Some douche purchased my item and asked me to post it, when I said not happening he went on about it being easy and not expensive so just post it etc etc. Told him less people bided because of the no postage so it would be unfair to them and if he wanted me to post it then it would be $50 when in fact it only cost me $10 as I didn't have time to run around. He decided he didn't want it so I messaged ebay and was told not much they could do other than give him a warning. Pretty pointless cause if they close your account you just open another and they even admitted they can't stop that so being a binding contract is false. People putting in these huge bids are deliberately stuffing up the seller so in this case I'm all for it

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
We had a combined birthday party for two of my staff a work tomorrow. But today it come from the top we are not allowed to hold the gathering of 15-17 people due to the risk of corona virus. As an NGO unfortunately we can't be seen to be going against what the Gov recommends which is any gathering where the sharing of food and drink occurs.

Same goes here in the Gov... All meetings are mostly cancelled, and i've had to design risk management protocols for my upcoming video shoots. Basically, no more than three people in the room while the camera's rolling and a max of four people in the room when it's off. We've also limited and in some cases restricted international travel for both work and personal purposes. Imagine the headlines on the front page of the West about NCOV in the Public Sector... People will flip the heck out lol.

Luckily they've given us 20 days of paid sick leave on top of our existing sick leave to combat NCOV, Effectively giving us a month of time off if we get a diagnosis. All thanks to our union.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Regarding Ebay, they don't and can't do ****. I gave up on ebay after I put something up, I clearly said I will not post my item, it was clearly written in bold. Some douche purchased my item and asked me to post it, when I said not happening he went on about it being easy and not expensive so just post it etc etc. Told him less people bided because of the no postage so it would be unfair to them and if he wanted me to post it then it would be $50 when in fact it only cost me $10 as I didn't have time to run around. He decided he didn't want it so I messaged ebay and was told not much they could do other than give him a warning. Pretty pointless cause if they close your account you just open another and they even admitted they can't stop that so being a binding contract is false. People putting in these huge bids are deliberately stuffing up the seller so in this case I'm all for it

In saying that, good on these people for sticking it to the sellers of these essential goods. It's rampant in the USA, and to be fair the idea of people making a profit off a global health crisis, and preying on the needy and desperate is completely cooked. Oldies and people with conditions like IBS and Crohn's need that TP... But noooooo, let's let Karen buy up all the rolls and sell them for a huge markup.