Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

Discussion in 'Media and Current Events' started by zero_tolerance, Mar 3, 2020.

1. zero_tolerance

zero_tolerance Donating Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 VFII Redline
  2. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    I started watching this , then I saw the name Alan Jones. Sorry enough for me, the mans a fuckwit.

DanielSS-V likes this.
  3. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6

There's definitely an anti-china narrative being pushed at the moment in Oz, while I think it is prudent that the Australian Gov should be careful about any type of Chinese investment here, for obvious reasons, lets not forget the USA and the UK are no saints.
    We are still a lap dog to the US and the British Monarchy holds significant influence in Australia.
    In fact when it comes to foreign investment in Australia, the USA and the UK invest significantly more than China, even if you include Hong Kong.
    https://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/resou.../Pages/statistics-on-who-invests-in-australia

As of June 2016, foreign ownership of Australian agricultural land (same as above - USA, UK)
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...op-10-foreign-land-owners-in-australia-2016-9

US investors own significantly more of Australia's 20 largest ASX listed companies, than Australians do
    http://theconversation.com/worried-...-who-owns-australias-biggest-companies-123343

It's highly probable the current anti-china narrative being pushed is driven by the USA, Trump has been in trade and economic conflict with China since being elected. ..at the same time, his daughters company imports vast quantities of Chinese manufactured products.
    Trump's provocations with N. Korea was a stage show for China and the world and an excuse to build up more US military resources around China's mainland borders.

4. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    It's darkly humorous because for decades the US and so called western democracies have embraced globalism and free market capitalism, China opened its doors and the world flooded in to take advantage of and exploit China for pure financial profits, with scant regard for environmental pollution, waste and human rights, now that China has become a little too big, a little too powerful and a little too wealthy the status quo are getting nervous.

Over the last 15-20 years, Australia has welcomed with open arms Chinese money from students, tourists and property investors.
    All three levels of government, our big banks, real estate companies and universities have raked in billions in revenues from China, now, all of a sudden Australia too is in political and economic conflict with China....all because of a microscopic virus.
    What gives?
    What's really going on in the secret halls of power?

5. the_boozer

the_boozer no more VK

Members Ride:
    Prado
    Why I hate old people and university intellectuals they knew they were selling us out but took the money now look at what a **** hole the country is. Try and see a doctor wait 3 weeks to see some jippo that can hardly speak the language. Where are all the drugs coming from last time I was in Melbourne there seamed to be an endless supply of drug addicts sleeping all over the foot path.

6. DanielSS-V

DanielSS-V Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline
    No please. Keep digging.