Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I wish I knew what was going to happen in our state. I can deal with the **** to come but having NFI where things will end up means you can't get prepared and you can't tell your staff whether they should get ready to be let go. You don't know whether to squirrel away everything you can or just keep on doing what you're doing and cop the **** when it hits the wall.

I like to have plans not this out of control ****. If I knew I was going to have 1/2 pay for six months or even lose my job, I could say right yep cut right back as from now
I'd be focussing on necessary items only for a good six months. Although in saying that I do hope Tas gets out of this mess quicker than the rest of us up here. Most of Sydney seems to be going into Doomsday mode as of yesterday. I don't think the next few weeks will be much fun.
The funny thing is, every second clown on FB seems to think they are the judge of what is acceptable behaviour and what is not. Why are people going to Bunnings, why are people still going jogging why why why. Oh joy!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'd be focussing on necessary items only for a good six months. Although in saying that I do hope Tas gets out of this mess quicker than the rest of us up here. Most of Sydney seems to be going into Doomsday mode as of yesterday. I don't think the next few weeks will be much fun.
The funny thing is, every second clown on FB seems to think they are the judge of what is acceptable behaviour and what is not. Why are people going to Bunnings, why are people still going jogging why why why. Oh joy!
Because you can, stage 2 is not 3, your allowed out to excise once a day but not in groups, so if they are allowed to buy supplies its ok, thing I don't get is QLD just went to the polls in a council election work that out. Its been very doomsday feeling where I am its like no movement.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Everyone is in the same boat.

No idea when / if the pay cheque will stop.
I said to my wife yesterday it's not much consolation but it's not just our family but the whole world is in the same predicament.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I wish I knew what was going to happen in our state. I can deal with the **** to come but having NFI where things will end up means you can't get prepared and you can't tell your staff whether they should get ready to be let go. You don't know whether to squirrel away everything you can or just keep on doing what you're doing and cop the **** when it hits the wall.

I like to have plans not this out of control ****. If I knew I was going to have 1/2 pay for six months or even lose my job, I could say right yep cut right back as from now, figure out what is a necessity, get the country house ready for a long period with no income and become a doomsday prepper while I still can. But if the Gov makes a way to get by then my original plans can still go ahead and not a whole lot needs to change. The former seems to be what the Gov wants as it keeps the money moving, probably why it seems they keeps things under wraps until it's at your door and too late to do anything.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Right now we are working on the basis that I will loose my job but as long as one of us keeps our job we can survive with a bit of budgeting but my toy will continue to gather dust other than the parts I have. Might be able to get the engine running but no more mods to anything else :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just found out that the industry i work in is going to be given a big cash injection to support those who are jobless and destitute. Not sure how much we can use for wages but hopefully we can keep the existing staff we have to deliver support to those doing it tough. I may still need to drop my hours back so i can keep my staff employed but hopefully that will only be by one day a week.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Right now we are working on the basis that I will loose my job but as long as one of us keeps our job we can survive with a bit of budgeting but my toy will continue to gather dust other than the parts I have. Might be able to get the engine running but no more mods to anything else :(
They are trying to keep us circulating the money here in Tas at least. Gov is putting money into roads and building apparently. This is because money in building and civil circulates the economy three times. Where as money spent on retail mostly goes to China. I'm still hopeful i can get the shed built in a couple of months. If i can it will be close to $40k worth of work split between 1/2 a dozen businesses. However if my hours drop too much then the tradies and others who will benefit will miss out. I feel for my staff who I have no idea yet if we will be keeping them on.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes that's how it is at the moment. My work comes and goes at the moment. Last week I worked 4 full days while loads of people were saying they had been laid off and were lining up for the dole. Now I will apply for a job in some of the Australian manufacturing companies who are suddenly overloaded with demand and looking for experienced people.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be ok if they cut me by 7.6 hrs a week because then i can tap into some super. Anymore than that though will make it very hard to deliver services without reducing the hours we open. The Fed Gov has increased our funding but wages are the issue as only a small percentage can be used on wages. This means that my staff could still be stood down. It will come down to how the CEO decides the wages get spent. For us we rely on our own shops funding the majority of wages for our org. I have been able to keep the emergency relief budget in check over the last six months while still being quite generous and we are in a reasonable position as far as being able to provide aid. However delivering services if we have no staff except me will be the issue. As it is i work close to 10hrs a day but 4 - 5hrs a day of that is admin and reporting and I'm only paid 7.6 hrs. I'm ok to give a hour or two for free as i do now but for us to close at lunchtime means we won't be able to get the help to those who need it, we normally open all day. This means that the extra funds won't necessarily get to those who need it unless I ask my staff who have been stood down to come and work for free.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Whether this virus is just a natural environmental occurrence, or a side effect of human ignorance/greed/stupidity, or whether it was a deliberate act.....

..it has become a very timely opportunity for the power-elites to steal more wealth from the masses.
This situation has already become the biggest corporate bail-out in human history.

Let the banks crash and take their CEO's with it, let the airlines go bust and take their CEO's along for the ride.
Let me be clear on one thing....it won't be these wealthy suits who line up at Centrelink.
They are cunning p-ricks though, they can create the illusion that they are helping the average Aussie family, and by default they are, because if we lose, they lose BIG TIME, because they have so much skin in the game!

When the dust settles.....the lower class masses will still be trying to pick up the shatter pieces of their former existence while the power-elites ride off into the sunset with the loot.
You only have to go back as recent as 2009 to know what I'm talking about.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
....except, in Australia, in 2009, China bailed Australia out of recession. They did this by quadrupling their national debt between 2001 and 2016.
Then when the mining boom crashed, oh dear, is that China's fault or ours?.. the RBA deliberately manipulated interest rates to create our current house price bubble, while regulators allowed banks to ramp up household debt to epic proportions.