Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
I am waiting for the Royal (or is it 'royal') family to send us their thoughts and prayers during this dark time. :rolleyes:

5b8f220f348a09baec8f41d32d1c27ae.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Just wait till this virus hits the poor African nations....

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just wait till this virus hits the poor African nations....
Generally lower life expectancy so there a younger age group so hopefully not to bad.

The conspiracy theories are starting and China devastating the world's economy seems legit,

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Until it gets into the countries with poor nutrition etc.

It does seem interesting how china had the epidemic but there was a lag before it hit the west with what they estimate was over a million Chinese travel ling around the world for their New Years celebrations.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I think I've cracked the code for COVID-19

COvert VIrus Dispenser - Number19

The timing is just toooooo suspicious! *wink*

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The conspiracy theories are starting and China devastating the world's economy seems legit,

Given that the world's economy will be in the toilet, it won't get damaged any further by refusing to deal with China.

Great opportunity to extricate itself from their grasp.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My boss has said it's time to cut wages, lost one staff member today and potentially losing another within a few weeks. I could end up being the boss with only one staff member below me...... Even my job is not guaranteed. It may come down to me taking a pay cut. Although the boss hasn't approached me with that one yet.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This virus has demonstrated how excessive our reliance on China as a major trading partner has become.
When the epidemic has passed, I hope the world looks at China in a harsh light and reassessed their relationship. For us, it will be extremely difficult due to their investments here, their proportion of our mineral exports and the fact that they have just about dominated electronics, entertainment equipment, mobile phones, communication systems clothing... And are becoming major players, slowly, in the car industry. Our universities have been bleating because some of them have over 40% of their enrolments from China. Darwin port leased to Chinese interests, major land holdings, water resources...
I don't know how but we need to get the divorce underway. New trading partners, new export markets, reduced reliance on cheap Chinese manufacture. Maybe follow Trump's lead restricting trade, or selective tariffs on Chinese goods. Things will become more expensive but that will be the price to pay to obtain a higher degree of separation.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
If most people were fit and healthy with strong immune systems there would not be a pandemic...