Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I thought it was today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
u been to the ATO website?

"Persons aged under 18

If you were under 18 years of age at 30 June 2008, you are eligible for the tax bonus payment if you were either an excepted person or received excepted assessable income and meet all the other eligibility criteria." - ATO Website

u try n decrypt what the hell excepted person and excepted assessable income is..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
u been to the ATO website?

"Persons aged under 18

If you were under 18 years of age at 30 June 2008, you are eligible for the tax bonus payment if you were either an excepted person or received excepted assessable income and meet all the other eligibility criteria." - ATO Website

u try n decrypt what the hell excepted person and excepted assessable income is..

How hard is it to understand?

Are all minors covered by the special rules?

No. Several categories of minors are excluded from the special rules. These minors are called excepted persons.
A minor is an excepted person if on 30 June 2008:

• they were
    • working full-time, or had worked full-time for three months or more in 2007-08 (ignoring full-time work that was followed by full-time study)
    • intending to work full-time for most or all of 2008-09, and
    • not intending to study full-time in 2008-09.
  • they were entitled to a disability support pension or rehabilitation allowance, or someone was entitled to a carer allowance to care for them
  • they were permanently blind
  • they were disabled and were likely to suffer from that disability permanently or for an extended period
  • they were entitled to a double orphan pension and received little or no financial support from relatives, or
  • they were unable to work full-time because of a permanent mental or physical disability and received little or no financial support from relatives.
Ordinary rates of tax apply to all the income of an excepted person. So if any of these apply, you get the payment...

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
Apparently it will take days, if not weeks to roll the payments out, so be patient!
thats what i thought aswell, hopefully its in bank by the end of the week

Remember they did have to put the whole thing on hold while the high court made the decision.
yeah i know all the forums that i always go on, were going metal of what decision was going made from last Friday, and straight after decision everybody happy again

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Ah ****ing hell, i am sick of hearing about this ****ing government payment. Simple, they borrowed the money to pay us, they will have to pay it back eventually, how do they get the money to pay it back without losing out?

THEY JACK UP OUR TAXES!! So really, this $900, we will pay for two fold in the long run. But the Government knew that as soon as they said "everyone gets $900 cash for free" half the population of Australia would start jumping around and pre spending their money without looking deeper into it.

They are more or less lending you $900, and you will have to pay alot more than $900 back in the future. But most of the parrots couldn't care less, they are more worried about buying a new intercooler for their car or some silly crap like that.

Yet they will be the first to whinge when the Government announces they are jacking taxes up with phrases like "OMG THATS ****ED, AS IF WE DON'T ALREADY PAY ENOUGH TAXES!!!" and "****, THEY ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!".

Well don't say people didn't warn you. This $900 is a crock of ****.

And to the original poster on this thread, we start getting the money FROM today, doesn't mean you WILL GET IT TODAY. Could take weeks.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
cant be 'random' there would have to be some system behind it, but they dont have to tell us lol.

Best looking people first... so I'm expecting mine frist thing wednesday morning... :p

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Best looking people first... so I'm expecting mine frist thing wednesday morning... :p

So that means you aren't that good looking, as they start paying as of this morning, meaning there will be thousands of people getting it before you :p

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Looks like she doesn't get it... the ONLY handout from the ATO is the one for tax payers.

The student one ($950) seems to only be for students who get payments from centrelink already.

Which is bollox in my eyes... If students are getting it then all students should get it... not just the ones who get centrelink payments... it seems the government is rewarding people for taking money by giving them more money...

Ah well... thanks for the info boys

Yea centrelink took care of the other ones, the payments went through a couple weeks back. I was lucky I went from working full time last year to full time uni student on youth allowance this year.. so it just so happened I got both. :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.