Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I wanna de-stroke a 3.8

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
Recycling

The Colonel did a measure up today and waved the pistons and rods under the noses of some knowledgeable folk who said their could have been some smarter things done during the build of the motor like drilling the lands to deliver to the bores and giving the pistons a touch more clearance but whatever , the result is the same . The motor is junk. It's 40 thou over, everything is scrap. Fortunately we've got a bunch of blocks, what we don't have now is a bunch of time.

Ticked off.

dull

dull

dull

More later.:axe:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
that sucks mate, but not completely unexpected. wasn't this engine from V6 vengeance in another life? probably had a hard life i bet.

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
that sucks mate, but not completely unexpected. wasn't this engine from V6 vengeance in another life? probably had a hard life i bet.

yeah it was, but I'm pretty sure the mortal wound was our doing..... but like I said...

Records or parts , we're in this to break things.

vc81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
The Colonel did a measure up today and waved the pistons and rods under the noses of some knowledgeable folk who said their could have been some smarter things done during the build of the motor like drilling the lands to deliver to the bores and giving the pistons a touch more clearance but whatever , the result is the same . The motor is junk. It's 40 thou over, everything is scrap. Fortunately we've got a bunch of blocks, what we don't have now is a bunch of time.

Ticked off.

dull

dull

dull

More later.:axe:

what do you mean drilling the lands to deliver to the bores ? Thanks

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
ring lands

what do you mean drilling the lands to deliver to the bores ? Thanks

It was noted that there was burnt oil in the recessed accumulator area between the top two rings
that there were no oil holes drilled in the oil ring lands for oil to get on the bores
and that the top of the gudgeon pin on the piston I had hawked around had turned
blue

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
Farewell to V6 Vengeance.

I've been trying to find some pistons for the build that cost less than a house.

I haven't had any luck, any number of suggestions to get custom jobbies, however....right now we'd just like to have the bottom end we ran this year with a few little tweaks....well we got lucky and have snapped up a job lot that was on fleaBay.

So , last night in the hammering rain I did the six hour round trip to East Gippsland, that was an odyssey in itself fortunately I had the wheel bearing in the front of the VT done yesterday and the engine mounts replaced ...as it was I reckon I had half a dozen aqua-planing events on the trip

The get was a series one block that had all the machining done and a set of ACL race series 9.6:1 pistons( with a pictuire of Larry on the front) , rings ,bearings and gaskets all still in their wrappers. So we can without too much trouble put together the same thing that we had for less than we would have spent on the re-bore.( nah, not the block we ran it's goosed but another one ).........

It's the later series one with all the holes under the cam which is good too, with a manual crank.

we're getting the pistons coated THEN, it's off for a balance.....................

bigger injectors this time too......

we're making a bigger sump, got a quote on a custom one , I've nearly finished laughing.....

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
AAAHHHH the fun of the out back

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
Happy Christmas everyone.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!
P3040030.jpg

Stay safe everyone......As Junior Brown said, "If ya wanna race stay on the race track"

See you all on the board on the other side of a happy christmas....

Be good.

Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
Greetings Comm-rads,
has anyone had experience with Kinsler EFI?

Am considering a multi TB set-up for Buicks.

which brings me to the question......what is the inlet port compatability situation for the series one VN and it's immediate predecessors ??????????

Hope you all survived the christmas melee without adding too much to the racing weight