Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I want 2 put a VT V6 in my VS Calais...Will I have trouble?

Bzerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
I have got a VT V6 engine to put in my VS Calais and was wondering if I will have any complications..... Or will it just drop straight in?
Someone said I will need to use the VS injectors and maybe some other bits...........

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
nope u wont have any probs, the only thing u'll need to make sure, is install the second temp sensor, as the VT engine will not have it and only has the 1. u can leave the VT injectors in without issues. im running a VT engine in mine with the VT injectors.

there was a thread on this not too long ago with more info in it. have a quick search n see what you can find :)

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
don't forget to use the VS throttle body, VT has the EGR port

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Pretty sure but not 100% that youll need to change the ecu though. I think holden had a different program mapping in VT's.

yes and no, but you dont have to change the ecu, the VS ecu runs it fine. i can vouch for that.

don't forget to use the VS throttle body, VT has the EGR port

the VX had the change of ERG port, the VT engine is the same engine. only changes are injectors, 1 temp sender/sensor, 1 of the pulleys is smaller, and a couple others but cant think of them. there is a thread floating round with all these details in it.

Bzerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
So the only thing that I need to watch is the second temp sensor? And everything else goes in without any trouble? Thanks ephect...
Im gettin charged $900 to pull out the existing and drop in the VT... Does that sound fair?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yeap decent price. if u have some spare cash, get some headers while ur there, will make it a heap easier to do now :)

just check first if it does have the second sender, if it doesnt, they can tap in ur existing one.

Bzerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Yeah its prob a good idea to put some on but im guessing that will b another grand..does yours got extractors? if so how much u pay?

Ive got no idea how to check for those sensors eh! I might just tell my mechanic to check so it sounds like i know what im talkin about! lol.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yeap tell him to check it, they look like small bolts sticking out the side and front with wires connected to the end of it, just under where the thermostat sits. (top front of manifold)

nar i had my extractors put on afterwards, i got HM headers part of a group buy ages ago for $600 i believe.

Bzerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Thanks for the intel buddy!! The old girl goes in next week and then ill post the results