Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i want to clean my ls1, tips?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hey guys my ls1 engine is filthy theres dust and dirt everywere so i want to pressure wash it just wondering wich areas i should stay away from? how sensitive are the coil packs to water? and i know i have to keep the car running when i do it :)

all help much appreciated

cheers

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
go to the self car wash use their degreeser close bonnet let it do its magic hose down the rest of the car (water) open bonnet hose (dont use high pressure) down till you cant see any green and your done.

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
starting the engine from cold, use a can or 2 of degreaser on the engine (with it running), then pressure wash it off (still running). The water can't damage the electronics when running, with that little bit of heat and it won't damage the metal from rapid cooling because your engine is 'cold'.
I got this one from a mate who is a mechanic and it worked for me... except it loosened off the battery terminal and the car wouldn't start the next time, lukily I figured this out before I got the RACV out, would have looked like an absolute NOOB!

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
I've cleaned mine no probs, Just made sure i had it running and kept away from the intake with the pressure gun.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
thanks for the advice guys, i cleaned it the other day came up like brand new but as soon as i finished cleaning it i had this terrible squeel i thought it might just be the main belt and just figured it would go away but it didnt so i had to replace the belt....turned out to be an expensice engine clean lol