Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I want to lower my VT but not to the point of it being illegal, HELP

taylooor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a hand.

Im looking to lower my VT commodore, but only as low as I can go without making it illegal if I get pulled up.

Is there any type of springs that are designed for this? i.e. ultra, low kings etc
or what?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
are you planning on doing this yourself??

if not take it to the suspension shop you want to do it, and tell them what height you want.. they will know the rest.

you even go as far as point at the guard and say i want it to sit there. they will kniow

taylooor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
are you planning on doing this yourself??

if not take it to the suspension shop you want to do it, and tell them what height you want.. they will know the rest.

you even go as far as point at the guard and say i want it to sit there. they will kniow

Nah man definitely not doing it myself haha, i'd probably f**k it up

So you reckon just go in and tell them and they'd sort it all out?

Cheers!

Im in Victoria, south east suburbs, anyone know of any decent relatively cheap places to get this done?

bloomers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I would think that if it is worth doing, cheap would not be the ideal way to go. The sky is the limit for suspension so you would be looking for a compromise. What you are looking for is value for money or bang for your buck. Do lots of research.

If you want cheap I can get a gas axe and apply some heat to your springs untill it sags to the desired height.

taylooor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I don't mean cheap cheap, im willing to pay the money for a decent job.
Just nothing ludicrous.

I paid to get my sound system installed cause that definitely wasn't worth messing it up.

What is the lowest legal height out of curiosity?
I've heard it's a coke can but something a little more precise would be appreciated :)

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
for victoria copy pasted

"A vehicle may be lowered or raised provided the clearance between the suspension component and its associated bump stop is not altered by more than 1/3 of that specified by the manafacturer. In addition, the original relationship between the front and rear suspension heights must not be unduly affected."

and

"The ground clearance of a vehicle measured from a horizontal road surface to any point on the underside of the vehicle except the tyres, wheels, wheel hubs and brake backing plates shall, with the vehicle in its loaded state as specified by the manafacturer, be not less than

* for any point in the width of the vehicle which is within one metre fore and aft of any axle, 100mm;
* for the mid-point between any two consecutive axles, the dimension in millimetres obtained by multiplying the distance in metres between those two axxles by 33.33"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais 1999
hey mate i got super low king springs in my calais it looks good keeps it legal in Queensland anyway and u dont have to drive 5 k's over every speed hump lol

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I got some lovells springs from my suspension place out west. id recommend but your to far. Lovells have a great range of heights. I went SL with short KYB shocks and the height is ok id love 5-10mm lower but its comfortable flys over bumps speed humps and up and down driveways easy enough.