Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I will do the first compression restore treatment test for you guys!

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Yeah I'd be interested although I hope you have a thick skin cause a lot of people will be calling it snake oil.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
:gets popcorn:

Pass it lol.

Also, IMO most additives are suss but I use Pro-Ma MBL8 oil additive because there's some actual, scientifically proven results and because of the many good stories I've heard. Plus they have been around a long time and are Australian made and owned.

Pro-Ma MBL8

I'll be interested to see how your test goes though :)

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Im interested.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Interested BUT even if it does work im still not using this dodgy way to fix a compression problem… Would rather do it properly so its safe and reliable.. :spot on:

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Pass it lol.

Also, IMO most additives are suss but I use Pro-Ma MBL8 oil additive because there's some actual, scientifically proven results and because of the many good stories I've heard. Plus they have been around a long time and are Australian made and owned.

Pro-Ma MBL8

I'll be interested to see how your test goes though :)

Soo many contradictions in their ramblings;
1. Lubricating Action - The product contains micrometallic particles, spherical in shape and acting as super lubricating agents.

Don't we use oil filters to remove metallic particles?

2. Filling Action - MBL8 fills in minor grooves, scratches and pits in the component material being treated, making a smooth surface which cuts down on friction and continues to reduce wear.

Wouldn't this fill the hone marks and clog valve guides?

3. Plating Action - MBL8 plates into the surface, repairing the scarred or worn area. This process will vary depending on component application.

Plates what surface, my oil pick up, my timing chain, my bearings???

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
should be interesting....keep us posted

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
I remember years ago at a show in Colinsville there was some mob selling an additive and their demo was an old red motor running without a sump. The thing ran all day and was still going when I left and wasn't making any unusual noises. I have wondered for years how they did this or maybe there is some merit to some additives. Even so why wasn't there any lifter noise?