Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I will do the first compression restore treatment test for you guys!

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Don't we use oil filters to remove metallic particles?

Metal particles yes, but not really micro metallic ones. Different scale I would think. The particles in the additive would be much, much smaller than those that are the result of engine wear, damaged parts, etc. The idea would be to have them fill microscopic relief's in engine components.

Wouldn't this fill the hone marks and clog valve guides?

Again, it's on a smaller scale I guess. And as for clogging, it shouldn't, unless MAYBE you disregard the instructions. The idea of the additive is that it is evenly mixed in a very small concentration throughout then entirety of the oil.

Plates what surface, my oil pick up, my timing chain, my bearings???

Um, no, your cylinders, pistons etc. And when they say coating, remember the microscopic scale we are talking about here. Something similar to Castrol's Magnatec maybe.

Also, just something to note, most oil additives recommend use only with mineral oils.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
WATCH Restore Engine Treatment - YouTube i truly believe this product will work! i have purchased 1L of it and a engine compression tester gauge and will document my results! Is anyone keen to see the results when im done?

Im not watching a bloody youtube video of a animated piston going up and down for 8 minutes

In saying that, I use Lucas Heavy Oil Stabiliser and ProMa MBL8 oil treatment. Basically to get to 6 litres per oil change as the oil comes in 5litres only.

The above treatments i used worked for my ford. improved a bit on economy, ran smoother and less black smoke under WOT

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i'm with fixing a compression problem properly, if it's down there has to be a reason, bandaid's work for somethings for short term i guess.....
if it's a tired high km engine simply use a slightly higher grade of oil. (what he says about about 1:20 he put a higher viscosity oil in...) now this might effect economy, if 90% of the engine is good it'll have to work harder to move than the 10% worn bits that this may help out.
if it's rings then throw a new set in and deglaze the bore.
if it's valves i doubt any additive will help that.......

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hone scores are only there to bed in the rings to ensure proper sealing. After a couple thousand km's they're normally gone.

I'm interested, don't know how long it will work for.

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
BTW guys i dont have a compression problem, i just want to see the effects! ill do the test when the product arrives and let you know my progress!

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
Very sceptical that anything can properly solve a compression issue bar a rebuild.
Mate so am i! but hey, im willing to try it and we will see what happends! if it doesnt work, i lost $110.. not a big deal

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Mate so am i! but hey, im willing to try it and we will see what happends! if it doesnt work, i lost $110.. not a big deal

So you wasted $110 just to try some product??? #### that lol