Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I will never buy a new Holden again "ever"

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Thanks for your comments.. I’ll admit to going over the top, often motivated by people who say things

I get over the top at times. The VXR though is poor value for what you get. I honestly believe some people purchase a car and have the money to do so, without really considering what they need or want. I could afford the VXR too but it is patently very very poor value for money and the performance is questioned as has been serious tyre wear. My car cost $27880, the VXR might have cost $48000 give or take. My goldilocks 4 cyl petrol Commodore is tremendous. It’s full of goodies. I actually want a Lotus Exige 430 hp Cup, a perfect car for stunning road and track performance but it would cost me 105 thousand British Pound. I actually can’t afford that though could I guess if I took a very big hit. It’s a preferred choice, rather than a Lamborghini Aventador many times the price of the Lotus or a very highly powered and highly priced Porsche. I of course won’t buy either. The RS V 6 ZB has proven to be a poor choice, vehemently denied, but true. AWD lovers have made a poor decision with the VXR and the RS V, but they will never admit to it to the grave. Silly isn’t it not to say, I got it wrong, you aren’t a lesser person to admit it. One fellow on this thread was rightly outraged about the tyre wear on his VXR, at least he admitted it. I bought a Mazda 3 18 months ago.. i made a mistake.. just noisy on the road, and the 2.5 litre 4 underwhelmed, aside from other things. The LT was not much more expensive when I purchased it in April 2019. Threads here are stacked with people who never admit to their mistakes. Why? The few people I know who have an LT or RS 4 cyl , said the LT or RS 4 cylinder amazed them with its fabulous balance, eagerness and pace and especially its lithe handling compared to the 6. With the LT, you get a great priced sports car and saloon comfort without the badges and the hype. When you look at the rear, all you see is the word “commodore”, a lower case word, no mention of Turbo, I like that. You get some idea it might have a fair bit of ‘pop’ by seeing the modest dual exhaust.

"The VXR though is poor value for what you get" - Not when you compare it to other European-built equivalents.

"The RS V 6 ZB has proven to be a poor choice, vehemently denied, but true" - You're the only one saying this...

"AWD lovers have made a poor decision with the VXR and the RS V, but they will never admit to it to the grave" - again, you're the one saying this, none of the V6 owners I've seen on here are...

"Silly isn’t it not to say, I got it wrong" - Oh, the irony - methinks thou dost protest too much...

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
I drove both the 4 cylinder and V6 before my purchase . The 4 cylinder was very zippy and slipped through the gears with ease. The V6 was just as zippy but had stacks in reserve . If I am overtaking at 110km/H on a single lane country road I want to be sure u can change down fast and have plenty in reserve to pass a b double or 4 cars at once. The V6 delivers here. For city driving the 4 cylinder is great but for high speed country you notice the V6 benefits .
I’ve seen a number of your bullshit posts, making things up, and always finding a way to can the 4 cyl.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Currently visting my grandmother at the land of the communist (China) and ZB commodores (badged differently obviously) were quite common here...
??? What are you on about .

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
More power than the four. Also more power than the V6 that was in the VF, so there's that... I remember the article - it was comparing it with an SS - you know the V8 - so, in comparison, yes, the VXR has a 'lack of grunt', but more than the VF it replaced.

Again, your next comment makes erroneous assumptions - I didn't pay $45-48k, nowhere near. That is the truth.

Please detail where you can demonstrate empirical evidence that the 'AWD is a disaster"

Like many of your comments thus far, I suspect you can't.

Seriously, no-one here's knocking your four-pot, but you seem to be on a quixotic campaign to denigrate higher models...
There is a potential buyer for RS 4 , or the RS 6, in this thread ...read his comments .. he won’t go for the very questionable AWD .. he wants litheness .. he’s right. There is enough evidence here in these blogs for anyone to conclude, to have serious reservations about AWD, to ignore that, to ignore that and then have 167 extra fat on the rs v, and then fork out dough.. extra dough for the rs v. 6. he won’t do that. There are enough bloggers here who don’t like the drive ability of the rs 6 and the question marks. Dealer sales staff love the LT or RS 4 btw.
And finally you don’t criticise the 4, but there is enough criticism about the rs 6.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
The vxt
There is a potential buyer for RS 4 , or the RS 6, in this thread ...read his comments .. he won’t go for the very questionable AWD .. he wants litheness .. he’s right. There is enough evidence here in these blogs for anyone to conclude, to have serious reservations about AWD, to ignore that, to ignore that and then have 167 extra fat on the rs v, and then fork out dough.. extra dough for the rs v. 6. he won’t do that. There are enough bloggers here who don’t like the drive ability of the rs 6 and the question marks. Dealer sales staff love the LT or RS 4 btw.
And finally you don’t criticise the 4, but there is enough criticism about the rs 6.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Who said the AWD was a disaster . I find it amazingly good to be honest . The directness and agility is amazing and you can really power into corners

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon

And, yet again, please give citations; you're repeatedly making unsupportable, indefensible and erroneous claims regarding the AWD system in the ZB. Now you're speaking for 'bloggers' (I think you mean members) without reference or links... I've read through most of the last six months' worth of 'blogs' (perhaps you mean posts) on this site and haven't seen any detrimental commentary on the V6 or the AWD other than from those, like yourself, who don't own one...

Dealers also love the RS-V, the Calais, the Calais-V and the VXR. They love Astras, Trax, Acadia, Colorado etc. etc. They love anything that will get you to lay down your money and drive away with a car; that's just the nature of the industry.

(And again, you're talking about 'fat' on the RS-V - what part of 'power-to-weight ratio' do you not understand?).