Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i work 9 1/2 hours and only get paid for 8, legal?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
. I exceed it because my guys are the backbone of my business.

I encourage my guys to stop if they're hungry or just need a break. I don't care what time it is.

Cheers
Mate you must have a good crew working for you and I`m sure they are thankful that they have you as a boss.
Respect both ways adds up to be a great place to work.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
what sort of driving are you doing slepr? interstate, local or what?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
How long a lunch break are you allocated? You don't get paid for a lunch break whether you take it or not, that's up to you to do.

I get paid for mine :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It very much depends on what work you are doing. Is there a GPS tracker in your truck?? If so, I would make sure I erred on conservatism - ie 12 min break instead of 15 etc etc but take them anyway. As for overtime generally you will be entitled to be paid for it however in some cases you may be expected to work reasonable amounts unpaid. As in the post above, talk to the fair work ombudsman for a qualified response.

Reaper

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Most places I have worked at (all factory work) we get a 15 min smoko and 30 min lunch, some gave a extra 15 min smoko. Although when some places got really busy I wouldn't take smokos and only had a 10 min lunch. When the factory was closing down they still had orders to fill and out of 30+ workers I was one of the last 2 left because of how much effort I put in to meeting quotas. They treated me very well though or else I wouldn't have given as much as I could.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
the breaks that truck drivers get are nothing like other jobs. so you cant compare it.

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
Never get any breaks in security, so you truckies aren't alone.

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
At work, I do 9-6 most days, which i get 2x 15 min smokos, and an hour unpaid lunch.

As for overtime, anything over 38 hours, i get paid 2x for.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
Mate you must have a good crew working for you and I`m sure they are thankful that they have you as a boss.
Respect both ways adds up to be a great place to work.

It does mate. One driver said I was the best boss he's ever had in all his 46 years. I told him he really needs to get out more. :) At the moment I am training him in all aspects of the business and eventually he can buy it if he wishes. Any employer that takes advantage of their employees is an A-HOLE and is in business for the wrong reasons. And it's obvious that the OP is working for such a person.

Cheers