Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I would pay for info on this right now!!

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
For the life of me i can't figure out where this thing goes!!

I know the general area of where it is supposed to go (somewhere on the timing gear or behind the timing cover)...but where exactly?!? I've been trying to figure it out for over an hour now!
Was hoping to bolt everything back in place by today but i'm stuck on this freaking plastic thing.

Really, really, really, really really, really appreciate any help on this guys!!

Cheers!

Attachments

• 05102013317.jpg
    05102013317.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 05102013312.jpg
    05102013312.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 232

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
thats the crank angle sensor cover goes between timing cover and balancer

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
thats the crank angle sensor cover goes between timing cover and balancer

OOOOHHHHH!!! Now I remember!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH! You are a life saver mate. Appreciate the prompt reply too!!

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Where's his cash? :p haha

I know how it's like can be like a Jigsaw puzzle sometimes I always now Label things and take pictures as it always ends up biting me back

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Where's his cash? :p haha

I know how it's like can be like a Jigsaw puzzle sometimes I always now Label things and take pictures as it always ends up biting me back

lol i would gladly pay!
I usually label things too but i remember taking that piece off and thinking it's so obvious it doesn't need labeling. Turned out it wasn't so obvious when putting things back together. Oh well, lesson learned!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You need to get yourself a workshop manual and you can avoid problems like this. You should be able to find a seller on aussie ebay who will post a manual to the UAE. I have 2 workshop manuals here for VY models, they cover both the V6 and V8 models. These manuals are actually for all commodore models from VT through to VZ, both V6 and V8 models. The max ellery manual also has a section on supercharged V6 models. The gregorys brand manual is manual number 273 and the max ellery manual is number EP.C107
Both manuals cost around $50 AU.
Ive found that the max ellery manual is probably the best of the two. Ive used the gregorys brand manuals on various vehicles for over 20 years now, and they were always pretty much the best aftermarket workshop manual that was available, but lately it seems like theyve lost a lot of the qualities that they used to have, like the hard cover they used to have..

Last edited: