Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IAC valve differences, before purchase online

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr berlina 3.8 v6 , 1996 VS executive 3.8 v6
Any part numbers to look out for iac valve fellors?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
As far as I'm aware all the Idle stepper motors are the same from VN to VT or VX when they changed over to the larger pintle.

Some have the extra sleeve around the spring, other don't but the function is all the same as far as I'm aware.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Thanks again to this place. I had the same look of surprise when i was replacing the IAC from my S1 VY today.

Out it came leaving the shaft and end pin + collar in the housing of the throttle body, and the new one, this snub nose looking compacting thing with a different size hat on it.

wow.jpg

The O-ring was actually caught in the spring, so it wasn't even sealing properly. Should have picked that up...

But I'll stop trying to take the top of the new one to fit the old shaft and hat since these different looking parts are interchangeable.. .. right? :S

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Thanks again to this place. I had the same look of surprise when i was replacing the IAC from my S1 VY today.

Out it came leaving the shaft and end pin + collar in the housing of the throttle body, and the new one, this snub nose looking compacting thing with a different size hat on it.

View attachment 258833

The O-ring was actually caught in the spring, so it wasn't even sealing properly. Should have picked that up...

But I'll stop trying to take the top of the new one to fit the old shaft and hat since these different looking parts are interchangeable.. .. right? :S
Use the one on the right.

Don't try & mix & match the parts.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Indeed I will. The one on the left, is what I pulled from my VY. I understand this is the older pre VX design? I wonder if a prior me replaced it once already.

Anyway all in going good :)