Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iChris' VR Statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I can't get enough of the wheels. I feel a little fancy now driving this car to work. since it's been getting colder i've started using the climate control more it's good but the heater smells a little dusty so I'll need to dump a can of glen 20 in the vent.

I got around to installing a amp for the speakers today so I have music again which is good as I've been sent far and wide as of late for work. been driving around for a few months without tunes since I took some of the gear for the WK. I'll be popping a sub in soonish too. also installed the handsfree mic so it's got handsfree speakerphone too now.

84e4ff3d-e3ba-436b-ade8-bcc839ff3339_zps3c5c1376.jpg

also photobucket effects.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Calais/Caprice wheels are beautiful when polished.

Once I find a decent set I will upgrade from the Calais wheels to the caprice's but for now I am more than happy with the polished calais.

The other advantage of them is even with my loud exhaust and lowered suspension the wheels at first glance makes the car look so stock that you don't get unwanted attention unless you do something stupid.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think VR caprice wheels would look good polished too. you don't see them about.

131756d1326262267-holden-vr-caprice-rims-complete-4-centre-caps-good-condition-sale-774895k_20.jpg

my VR is mechanically stock besides the suspension and it's a 6 anyway so it hardly draws any attention.

I also only paid $200 for my set. I was missing a cap but I got another for $50.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
the VR is now sold, it went to it's new home today. she will be sadly missed, I've got lots of memories in that car.

good news is that I'll be able to see it often and I know it will bring the new owner the same joy and remarkable service it gave me.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, what you read is true. I felt it was time to get something a little newer, seeing as the VR was my work car and it's now a 20. I'm in the market for a vy commodore or a tidy vt/vx. I'm even contemplating going to the dark side and picking up a Ghia. One statesman is enough though for me, I'm not greedy.

I know the new owner - it's my mums's parter's son. So I'll still get to see it.

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
Hey Chris just want to let you know I'm 90% sure I recently purchased this car from auction crashed

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
Hey Chris just want to let you know I'm 90% sure I recently purchased this car from auction crashed

Paperwork for a roof lining
Paperwork for elanour rims
Its a buick v6
Still very tidy currently wrecking on fb marketplace