Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ICUBYE's VS 5.0 litre Calais

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
nice car mate and u would have the limited slip diff mine got it and she's a single spinner till i hit bout 4500rpm then lsd kiks in

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
vq statesy said:
nice car mate and u would have the limited slip diff mine got it and she's a single spinner till i hit bout 4500rpm then lsd kiks in

Nah it was an option on the Calais, i have had the diff bearings re-raced and i know its only a single spinner, the diff is starting to get noisey again so its time to go back to the diff joint, see if its still under warranty, if it is then i will enquire about the LSD conversion.

When i got my diff re-raced last time it had to be redone within 12 month cos some snotty nosed little prick apprentice gave his resignation a few days before and purposely messed up everything he did till he left, and mine was one of them, apparently something to do with a couple of degrees off when resizing the bearings or something.

all i know is that it got very noisey and its getting that way again, and i drive my baby so easy too :ranting:

and thank you everyone for the positive comments

ICUBYE

Reaction score
Members Ride
hopefully the custom boot with be finished this weekend, will post some pics up later on tonight of what it looks like atm, its only basic and half started as we ran outta time. but should be finished this weekend.

ICUBYE

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK Here are the pics so far, so you can get an idea of what its gonna look like.

Will have some blue Neons to highlight the amps and subs (Not really a fan of neons normally), the whole thing will be covered in carpet the same grey colour as the spare wheel cover. Also the amps will have some perspex covering them so it will look all flashy.. heheh Bling Bling..

Also the perspex will have a removable 3mm piece of MDF to cover it so i can still use the boot to carry things.. Hence the Subby Covers.

What do you think????

Attachments

• Boot Pics 1 001.jpg
    Boot Pics 1 001.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Boot Pics 1 003.jpg
    Boot Pics 1 003.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Boot Pics 1 004.jpg
    Boot Pics 1 004.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Boot Pics 1 005.jpg
    Boot Pics 1 005.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 204

ICUBYE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im almost finished my Boot Install now,

Just need perspex, dark grey carpet and some blue lighting to highlight the subs and amps. give it another 2 weeks and it will be done i hope. its kinda hard to get all this done with no cash flow since im outta work.

It has a 3mm piece of mdf covering the amps, but a piece of perspex will be going in there and then the whole floor will be covered with 3mm mdf except for where the perspex is that will be cut nicely with rounded corners, then the mdf will be covered with carpet.

anyways here are some pics.

let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Boot Pics 2 002.jpg
    Boot Pics 2 002.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Boot Pics 2 003.jpg
    Boot Pics 2 003.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 173
  • Boot Pics 2 009.jpg
    Boot Pics 2 009.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 185