Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ID of a Component

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
looks like an re 55 external regulator get an alternator with an internal reg and get rid of it?
if the alternator doesn't have an internal reg it maybe needed its old, i thought commodores all ways had internal regulators. for someone to have added it the internal reg may have died and they changed the brush pack and added that maybe?

Buzza9307

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore Circuit Car
looks like an re 55 external regulator get an alternator with an internal reg and get rid of it?
if the alternator doesn't have an internal reg it maybe needed its old, i thought commodores all ways had internal regulators. for someone to have added it the internal reg may have died and they changed the brush pack and added that maybe?
That makes good sense mate... I have actually replaced the alternator for an up to date one.. I will talk to my auto electrician... see if we can piss it off

Buzza9307

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore Circuit Car
Well... Thanks Gents... all has been revealed

I finally got the car up from storage and had a closer look... and... got a auto sparkie to look to...

Its a voltage reg that was fitted with the car when the OLD alternator without an internal regulator.

He says get rid of it and install a alt warning light as to excite the (thingymabob) so the alt charges below 4500rpm.

BTW... as I said.. the car is a circuit car.... so its pretty basic in the electrical dept.

IMG_0190.jpg