Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ideal Launch Technique VP V6

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
There is no variables, foot on brake as hard as possible highway max tyres on the back, Foot on the accelerator untill the body starts to creak and groan then floor it and let go of the brake at the same time. NO bolt on V6 auto with a stock stall will spin 2 highway maxes (impossible and I highly doubt any could spin just one). Remove coins/phones etc from the back seat area once you get home

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I cant launch my VN V6 supercharged at all, (manual), all i can do is ease it off the clutch and then give it abit, but if i just floor it and let the clutch out to quick it will bad em up, i tried it at different RPM same thing, it will bounce kinda like a front wheel drive when you dump the clutch for a burnout, is that axle tramp?, its also mini-spooled. the tires have been from 14s 195, 15s 215 highway max and 235 40 R18s.

Just that's axel tramp you wont get traction while you have that problem

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
how do i solve it?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Fix the bushes in the trailing arms usually, or the car might be too low at the back and that's stuffing up the pinion angle etc

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
bushes have been replaced only the sway bar bushes are abit worn, it is low at the back and needs to comp up, its at the top of the rim on 18s

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
foot on brake as hard as possible highway max tyres on the back, Foot on the accelerator untill the body starts to creak and groan then floor it and let go of the brake at the same time. NO bolt on V6 auto with a stock stall will spin 2 highway maxes (impossible and I highly doubt any could spin just one).

+1. I need to get me some of these tyres you love :). Will hunt when I get my 15x7s. I wanna see if I can spin them :) my spool lunches anything, even my old heavyarse 19s with 245s.. although I had a mild axle tramp problem which is cheating a bit I guess....

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
did a run today and did a 9.2.

crap effort, was with about 50kg of stuff in boot, and i got bad wheelspin off the line.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You must be running wheelbarrow tyres on that thing :)?. My old V6 would run 7.0 everytime to 60 mph and never got wheelspin in the dry in it's life. Untill my 5 litre got under 6.3ish to 60 mph it couldn't spin em either, how anyone can get wheelspin in a car that can't go under 8 seconds has me beat and I wouldn't like to be driving on those tyres in the rain :S. For reference my VP can get to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds in heavy rain

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You must be running wheelbarrow tyres on that thing :)?. My old V6 would run 7.0 everytime to 60 mph and never got wheelspin in the dry in it's life. Untill my 5 litre got under 6.3ish to 60 mph it couldn't spin em either, how anyone can get wheelspin in a car that can't go under 8 seconds has me beat and I wouldn't like to be driving on those tyres in the rain :S. For reference my VP can get to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds in heavy rain

I think the roads out your way are really groovy, grippy ashphalt. Here in the city, all the roads are worn smooth by constant traffic - leaving much less "bits" for the tread to grip into. Some of the roads out here are like trying to get traction on carpark concrete.