Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ideas and Suggestions

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
I am after some ideas or suggestions on what I can do to my VT series 2 V6 Acclaim with traction control, airbags, abs and a towbar as the standard features it has only done 205 k on the clock the engine runs great with plenty of power under the bonnet as the previous owners have looked after it very well ex company car not thrashed feels like its just come off the assembly line.

Current Mods I have done to it is taken out the factory headunit and put in a new pioneer headunit, sub and amp still got factory speakers. Don't want to lower it the ride height looks good enough to me and don't want to go lower due to the towbar attached

Will post up pics later on. of the interior, under the bonnet and the exterior.

Please no tossers if you have nothing positive to say don't say anything at all. I am after straight up opinions and ideas. Thank you in advance for your opinions

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
Tint is definately next on the agenda also on the agenda is to get the sagging roof lining done as well and the seat pockets as well. keep the suggestions coming please

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
give it a really good wash and polish
maybe a set of wheels

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
I give it a wash every week. Its got a couple of dents i got to get rid especially the major one in the driver door. I am looking at set of CSA's none of that chrome crap for this car polished alloys will look nice

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I'd say very first thing to do is repair damage, dents etc. If paint is still intact paintless dent repair may be a very cost effective option. Then tidy up interior. I prefer tidy, straight cars over anything heavily modified. I wouldn't do anything mechanically, I am sure your VTII has adequate performance and handling unless you intend on driving like a twat.....

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
Reply to Cameron P my car is white.
I have a pic of the car and the headunit

The headunit, sub and Amp was installed by me I used Aerpro wiring harnesses and it works just fine no problems the only thing I had to do was cut the Aerpro pioneer ISO off as it was just a little a bit bigger so I soldered on the ISO from the the harness that came with headunit I fully recommend using Aerpro harnesses for a quick install it only took me 30 mins to do the install

Attachments

• Headunit.jpg
    Headunit.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Image0009.jpg
    Image0009.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 168

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
thanks spectrum i have been thinking of the ss lip kit and the spoiler as well don't want to lower it as it sits nicely and i use the towbar alot lucky for me the previous owners got a chrome cover for the ball so i got that on there at the moment. Thinking of adding a roof mounted DVD player so it can be a complete cruiser. Keep the suggestions coming I am adding all your ideas to my list of things to do. I think the previous owners had a nudge bar setup on the front of the car as there is mounting brackets under the number plates I'll post more pics up tomorrow.