Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Identify high ratio roller rockers

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
How far down did you have to dig to pull up this thread? From what I understand you shouldn't need new push rods. Unsure of the mounting plate, I think they come with a new one?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
How far down did you have to dig to pull up this thread? From what I understand you shouldn't need new push rods. Unsure of the mounting plate, I think they come with a new one?

They should come with the mounting plate. Push rods need for VY but doesn't hurt to get new ones.

Nick.vs.ute

Nick Wags
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Thanks I've been looking for ages, I brought the rockers second hand, the reason I ask is that when they are mounted on the engine, and engine us turned Over it seems like there is no compression at all, was thinking without the mounting plate they could be holding the valves open? Cheers guys

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
if you don't use the pedestals that go with them, there will be no clearance for the pushrods to move. they have a larger cutout to accomodate the difference.

Nick.vs.ute

Nick Wags
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Thanks muchly how can I tell what type if pedestals I would need and where to get them

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
use the standard pedestals. The pedestals for the high ratio rockers are just ground for extra clearance in the push rod guides

Nick.vs.ute

Nick Wags
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Sorry I don't understand that last part. Are you saying the standard vs pedestals will work for these hi ratio rockers or? Do the cylinders have to be at top dead centre? All I can see on the rockers is (USA torn or tarn or something)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I missed the bit where you said you had bought some 2nd hand 1.9 rockers. They should have come with a set of pedestals. The pedestals are machined in the push rod guides otherwise the push rods foul on the guides. If you only have the standard pedestals you will need to get a 3/8" round file and file the guides back about 5mm or you can try contacting MACE and see if they will sell you a set of pedestals to suit 1.9 rockers

The rockers won't fit without the pedestals. It's best to torque down the rocker bolts when both valves are in the closed position, you will need to rotate the engine a couple of times to do all the rockers with the valves closed. I recommend fitting new rocker bolts as the standard bolts are TTY and should be thrown away once removed. Replace with cap screws as they are re-usable. You can get these from MACE as well :)

Cheers

Nick.vs.ute

Nick Wags
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Thankyou Much aprretiated how could I contact Steve at (MACE). Cheers guys.