Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Identify high ratio roller rockers

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I brought a VS as a parts car and was told by the previous owner the engine has high-ratio roller rockers. I couldn't find any names or numbers cast on the rockers. Is there anyway to be 100% certain that I have high ratio rollers?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Measure the distance from he centre of the bolt hole to the centre pushrod hole, and then measure the ditance from the bolt hole to the centre of the tip where it touches the spring. Divide the latter by the former. Thats your ratio.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If you want to post a pic of the hole where the push rod goes I could tell you just by looking.

My stock ones have the push hole on the end a few mm and a even distance to either side as the end as well.

The high ratio ones are near exactly the same but the hole is further back towards the bolt, only by a few mm but its obvious by the eye.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
^^ Pic of rocker

Attachments

• Rocker.jpg
    Rocker.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 366

nalchlan

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS executive series II 'S pack'
just looked and they look identical to my stock ones sitting in the garage because i got the 1.98 ratio ones from mace (which squeek..anyone know why? lol ). the same length from seat to bolt hole . the different length from seat to hole is noticable on my high ratio ones. my stock ones also said 4c not 2c..but thats probably nothing

nalchlan

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS executive series II 'S pack'
spewin, haha theyre a cheap bolt on mod anyway no problem there

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
just looked and they look identical to my stock ones sitting in the garage because i got the 1.98 ratio ones from mace (which squeek..anyone know why? lol ). the same length from seat to bolt hole . the different length from seat to hole is noticable on my high ratio ones. my stock ones also said 4c not 2c..but thats probably nothing
Maybe you need pushrods to go with them? I'd give Steve from MACE a message and ask about it.

^^ Pic of rocker
Looks like stock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Yeah they look like the stock ones, there is a few pics in a thread with the title "another guy from Canada" its only a few posts down.

Nick.vs.ute

Nick Wags
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Hi guys I brought some 1.9.1 rockers for my vs ecotec was wondering if I will need a new mounting plate or pushrods. Thanks not sure what brand.