Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Identifying hose

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
As expected...this is just Mackay hose to which HSV applied their sweet tax and charged me $70 for it...
In case enyone ever does this and needs the hose here it is...
It probably retails for fraction of what i paid...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-092554_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-092554_Gallery.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20201028-092622_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-092622_Gallery.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 151

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
As expected...this is just Mackay hose to which HSV applied their sweet tax and charged me $70 for it...
In case enyone ever does this and needs the hose here it is...
It probably retails for fraction of what i paid...
Don't worry Ron Burgundy I pay approx double compared to you guys . I just brought the sound enhancer blanking plate $78 and that was with trade discount otherwise it was going to be $110 . Bloody nz rupee . I thought that might cheer you up , your pipe was a bargain

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Don't worry Ron Burgundy I pay approx double compared to you guys . I just brought the sound enhancer blanking plate $78 and that was with trade discount otherwise it was going to be $110 . Bloody nz rupee . I thought that might cheer you up , your pipe was a bargain

Holly crap ! That's a lot

They would be so easy to make though with very basic tools...

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Holly crap ! That's a lot

They would be so easy to make though with very basic tools...
Yes and I am in the engineering trade I thought there was a bit more to them than what there was I like the fact that it is factory but to be honest just being lazy anyway I have all the bits to put the rest of the 340 air intake and ryco catch can in on the weekend . Happy days . I hope it stays like that for a week or 2 but as you know???? Things can change

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yes and I am in the engineering trade I thought there was a bit more to them than what there was I like the fact that it is factory but to be honest just being lazy anyway I have all the bits to put the rest of the 340 air intake and ryco catch can in on the weekend . Happy days . I hope it stays like that for a week or 2 but as you know???? Things can change

I had plan to do Ryco catch can but kinda lost interest. Would be good to see what you do with it.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Hey mate, did you ever do this ?
Yes I did fit the ryco catch can the photos are in the ( ryco rcc350 k ) was happish how it turned out except for having to remove the sound tube because of where i mounted it . The instructions said not to mount direct to engine . After making and installing I found out it could be mounted direct to the head without to much concern I have been thinking of making another one so I can put that ugly looking tube back in . Since I didn't get a order for 10000 of them from ryco I could send a pattern to you if you want . It is to hard to measure with so many different curves etc