Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Identifying VL commodore (History)

pirix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Executive VL
Hello everyone, I own a VL Executive 1988 model but I'm a bit confused.. My dash badge inside the car says COMMODORE SL... My question is: Did Holden have a badge for the Executive dash or does this signal that my dash/interior has been changed? What color interiors were the '88 Executives offered in, mine is the blue one...my understanding is that SL is a model of its own like Berlina and Calais but I'm not sure... As much information about this as I can get would be appreciated

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Hello everyone, I own a VL Executive 1988 model but I'm a bit confused.. My dash badge inside the car says COMMODORE SL... My question is: Did Holden have a badge for the Executive dash or does this signal that my dash/interior has been changed? What color interiors were the '88 Executives offered in, mine is the blue one...my understanding is that SL is a model of its own like Berlina and Calais but I'm not sure... As much information about this as I can get would be appreciated

Executives had "Commodore SL" on the dash.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
From memory interior colours were blue, grey or "madeira".

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon

There were some Limited Editions came out as SL's but I don't remember seeing Executive badges on them, just SL Badges.

My Wife had a 5 Litre 1988 VL SL with the darker of the Blue trim..