Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idetifying an Ex police VS?

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I don't want to seem negative.......but don't buy an ex police vehicle. They have been driven hard from cold start up, they have holes all over the dash from radio, cradles, warning devices, ICV...etc...etc. They have been rammed, smashed and driven hard. Look under the vehicle before you purchase one and have a look at how many scrape and dints are underneath the vehicle from mounting medians. I know because I drive one. There is no way in the world I would buy an ex chaser. If you want to have a vehicle which is a Police Pac....add the extras yourself. At least you will know your car hasn'nt had the @#$% thrashed out of it for the past 50,000 kilometres since new.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
I don't want to seem negative.......but don't buy an ex police vehicle. They have been driven hard from cold start up, they have holes all over the dash from radio, cradles, warning devices, ICV...etc...etc. They have been rammed, smashed and driven hard. Look under the vehicle before you purchase one and have a look at how many scrape and dints are underneath the vehicle from mounting medians. I know because I drive one. There is no way in the world I would buy an ex chaser. If you want to have a vehicle which is a Police Pac....add the extras yourself. At least you will know your car hasn'nt had the @#$% thrashed out of it for the past 50,000 kilometres since new.

i totaly agree....why in the world would anyone want an ex chaser or a BT1??? we all know they would have had the **** flogged outta them and not treated with any kind of respect.......

SICKTG

Reaction score
my VS has 9C1 stamped on the plate it has the big fuel tank IRS LSD 5L 5 speed sump protector map lights small incriment speedo and light for the speedo whilst the lights are off no holes in the dash but lots of extra wiring in the engine bay

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
people think that they go harder cause of the "cop chip" lmao

there just like company cars the driver doesnt give a **** about it cause its not even his/her car lol.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
i totaly agree....why in the world would anyone want an ex chaser or a BT1??? we all know they would have had the **** flogged outta them and not treated with any kind of respect.......

Maybe some people cannot afford a clean well looked after SS, HSV, 5 litre Calais etc etc. BT1's are cheap, and they have a V8 under the bonnet. And don't say "they should save up the extra and buy something nicer" because when you are itching to get a new car or a V8 etc, sometimes you will buy whatever is cheap and available, just to get yourself into V8 because you are excited.

Yes, BT1's have been hammered, stacked, rammed, have had quite a few crims parked their filthy asses on the back seats and have holes all through the interior. But if someone wants to buy one, they will.

Everyone told me i was silly for spending $12,000 on a bloody clean VS Senator with low km's, when i could have bought a VT or VX LS1 for that price. I bought mine because 5 litres are by far the best sounding engine besides the 308, they don't come up for sale that often in such clean condition with low country km's with full owners compendium and service history etc and i love VS HSV's, they look tough.

So maybe you can see why people buy them, because maybe they can't afford a cleaner or more expensive 5 litre. When you want a 5 litre and you don't want to spend a fair bit on one, BT1's are the best way to go. I wouldn't buy a BT1 V6 though. For the price you pay for a BT1 V6, you can buy a V6 that WASN'T a cop car in it's life.

vss-304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon v6 auto
my bt1 is clean, only 2 holes in center console on passenger side, 126*** on clock a manual 5 litre with immaculate interior, service book and a very very clean exterior, and cost me next to nothing, only problem wit it is the power diff from my gti to the vs 5 litre, but i was very surprised at how clean an ex cop car was, and it only has minor scrapes underneath i have seen more on excels that come through work

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Here is a build plate for a VS BT1

A VS Cop Car

Attachments

• VS_948686_JUN_96.JPG
    VS_948686_JUN_96.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,216

SICKTG

Reaction score
Here is a build plate for a VS BT1

A VS Cop Car

yeah but mine says 9C1 the owners manual has the first owner as victoria police and its very clean no dints holes in dash etc

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
yeah but mine says 9C1 the owners manual has the first owner as victoria police and its very clean no dints holes in dash etc

BT1 is probably the "chaser" cars. Is the 9C1 for the bosses?