Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idetifying an Ex police VS?

1997VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Exec
Hi, I'm looking at buyinig a V8 VS that the owner tells me is an ex-police car. I thought that the VIN contained BT1 for these cars? The cars an 8 with Auto , IRS, Airbags, Long range tank, ABS an SS interior and the owner tells me he put the Electric windows in himself. The VIN starts 6H8VSk19UTL******. How do I tell if this is really an ex cop car?

vss-304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon v6 auto
hey bud i may be wrong but mine says bt1 after the model number on the model plate closer to the manifold then the compliance plate

chris

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
As above - it will say on the compliance plate if BT1 - not the VIN.

ozengines

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS Ex Chaser V8
My VX SS chaser has PCAR on the compliance plate.

ozyprd

want to know more
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator
and all so the dash is diffrent it has evry k marked not every 5 like a std car

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
As said, should say BT1 on the compliance plate, and the speedo should be marked in 2km increments. Also there will be a little slot above the speedo inside the cluster where an extra light is so they can see the speedo at night with no lights on. They will usually have all the SS options, LSD, IRS, FE2 susp. 80L fuel tank, drivers airbag. Should also have sump protector plates. . If it's a V8 it should have full SS trim interior and calais style interior light with maplights. Also ex-copcars are always auto, unless converted after service.

Also, if ya give holden a call with the VIN, they should be able to tell ya if it was fitted with the police pack or not.

ozengines

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS Ex Chaser V8
OK on the P/CAR on the plate, but I guess I am a bit out of line here, mine is a VX Chaser, not VS.
It has not been polished yet and you can still see the outlines of the decals on the roof and bonnet. The traction control buttons are missing from the console, slight difference in the under dash wiring harness. When you open the door there is a speedo calibration sticker there. The fire extinguisher is still in the boot.