Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiot Drivers - Post Your Encounters With Idiots On The Road

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So, as the title says post your stories of idiots on the road. I'll start.

Yesterday we went for a day trip around central NZ, trip just shy off 600km by the time we get home again. It was the first time my eldest son has driven out on the open road (he was following me) and with it also been the Xmas no tolerance speeding week I was taking it rather easy. We were down by one of the hydro lakes (SH30 I think) and I was going bang on 100km/h in the straight bits and it bit slower through the windy stuff. I had noticed a car was approaching us from behind and catching us at a moderate rate, the weather was also closing in and it was getting dark, by then the vehicle had caught up to the back or my sons car and was tailgating him. Not long after the heavens opened up with a torrential down poor, so hard I could hardly see and been at the front of the line of cars I was the pioneer and before I could scrub of enough speed was aquaplaning as I hit standing water but kept it straight and carried on at about 60km/h until the rain eased off. Once the rain eased off I could see the SUV following my son and still tailgating was a BMW X5, roof racks with multiple boards on top and the icing on the cake, it was towing a trailer with about 6 push pikes on it! In the next set of long straights I purposely kept out speed down to give the idiot X5 a chance to overtake but instead he persisted in tailgating much of the way. When we finally joined up with SH1 there was an overtaking lane where he finally went past us only to tailgate the next car up the road. He ended up heading in the same direction as us and with clear weather I couldn't keep up with him keeping to the speed limit and he was towing a trailer:eek: ******* IDIOT.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
What is it about bad weather that makes some people drive badly ,

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
On 3lane motorway yesterday doing 100km/h in overtaking lane with safe gap from car in front and a car from far left lane indicated and went zooming in front of me causing heavy braking from round 100 to 70

Tooted and horned and flashed the ****

Absolute moron

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
They are everywhere, no wonder there are so many killed and injured.

My story is we, my Wife, Daughter and Granddaughter with me were driving north in good conditions on the Pacific Hwy NSW.
We were on single lane highway both ways at just under 100 kph, with line in centre meaning DO NOT CROSS with 3 cars in front of me and in the very front a caravan.
Brake lights on in front, and this clown towing the van had decided to brake, turn over the line into a park opposite.....Perhaps he was desperate to urinate.
Vehicles coming toward us so clown is stuck in the middle on an angle unable to compete his illegal turn, with vehicles behind him hard under brakes like me trying very hard to not do a rear end crash.
I did haul my VE up with not much space available, as on the left very close were those to me dangerous wires that motorcycle riders detest, and rightly so IMHO.
It was a close call, caused by an absolute fool with NFI.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Just about collected a motorcycle rider last week , who overtook a line of cars , in a built up area , where the limit is fifty , he was at least doing around seventy- eighty . Lucky he didn’t end up with OVLOV stencilled on his head

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Oh boy ! Where do you start here ? So I will start with my latest from less than a week ago.

Pulled up at traffic lights, one lane turning left, then pushbike lane, then me behind one car going straight ahead.
A line of wannabe Olympic lycra clad pushbikers pull up on my left in the bike lane, then lights turn green, car in front of me goes, I go, pushbiker at head of queue puts in big effort, and his foot either slips off the pedal or his chain comes off, anyhow, he comes a gutsa onto the road in my lane, right in front of my car.
Luckily no car beside me or oncoming as I instinctively swerve into the right hand lane to avoid him.
If I had run over him, guess who would have been beaten up by his mates and on the TV news as a careless driver not giving cyclists sufficient room.
( Reminder to self, buy a bloody dashcam !)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Passenger took the photo. Please go and get upset about something else, jeez.

Make that clear in your original post and maybe people won't get upset with what appears to be activities that endanger other's lives.

Having said that, still not particularly safe having a passenger leaning over to the extent required to obtain the angle in that pic.