Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

idiots on roads - whinge, long winded.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I was involved in a high speed, high risk chase that started in Cranbourne. l was coming back from seeing the father in law in Phillip Island.. ended up at a set of lights next to a boganmobile - I think it was a lexcen or something (at this stage, I had a VU SS with Uterus sticker on the back).. I think they commented on it. When the lights turned green I gave it a squirt - no wheelspin or anything.. Next thing they're up my arse, following my every move, so I try get out of it, sideways around corners, running reds (making sure there was no traffic obviously) by this stage these guys were throwing beer bottles at me.. I got some distance on them on a major road, ended up seeing a cop go the other way, so I did a u-turn to follow the cops, these guys threw a bottle and it hit square in the windscreen.. I then proceeded to drift a roundabout behind a cop to get thier attention..

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
I was involved in a high speed, high risk chase that started in Cranbourne. l was coming back from seeing the father in law in Phillip Island.. ended up at a set of lights next to a boganmobile - I think it was a lexcen or something (at this stage, I had a VU SS with Uterus sticker on the back).. I think they commented on it. When the lights turned green I gave it a squirt - no wheelspin or anything.. Next thing they're up my arse, following my every move, so I try get out of it, sideways around corners, running reds (making sure there was no traffic obviously) by this stage these guys were throwing beer bottles at me.. I got some distance on them on a major road, ended up seeing a cop go the other way, so I did a u-turn to follow the cops, these guys threw a bottle and it hit square in the windscreen.. I then proceeded to drift a roundabout behind a cop to get thier attention..

wouldnt it have been easier to flash the coppers?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Similar thing happened to me and my mate a few years back. A car kept following us and they were yelling **** out (my mate had a few enemies), swerving for us. We didn't speed off down streets or anything, but as soon as I grabbed the baseball bat off the back seat and held it out the window they soon got the message and turned off.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
Hey I think you should seriously call the cops and tell them what happened.

If that happened to someone like me I would have had no idea what to do. They could have killed someone driving like that and like you said what they would have happened if you pulled over. What happens if its a chick they do it to next time? I have been known to drive at all hours as designated driver by myself (obviously after I dropped the drunks off..lol)
You have scared me now.. I am deso tonight. Might get the dog to come for a drive.lol

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
You said it was a hilly road. They were driving slow-ass cars. When you got in front why didn't you just give it a squirt and leave them behind. Breaking the law but ****ing hell, it can't be any more dangerous than having a bunch of ****s trying to run you off the road.

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Couldnt you have either like the guy said just left them in the dust, or simply stopped dead and just stuck behind them all the way. Id rather be held up then rammed off the road and possibly killed along with my car. This is why i always have a massive vice grip or something in the car incase this stuff happens.

Its terrible to hear some peoples stories on here, i honestly wouldnt think people would act that dangerous, surely if you have a brain you wouldnt do that, as their putting themelves at risk as well.

Well hope you are ok mate as to everyother person posting their incidents on here, and hope all your cars are ok! We wouldnt wanna hurt the lovely Holdens now (except the vectra)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
get ahead of them, clutch in, select 1st gear, handbrake, turn wheel slightly to the right, spin 180, clutch out, speed off :)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
You said it was a hilly road. They were driving slow-ass cars. When you got in front why didn't you just give it a squirt and leave them behind. Breaking the law but ****ing hell, it can't be any more dangerous than having a bunch of ****s trying to run you off the road.

I could have, but im not losing my license again for speeding, especially over some wankers - which was a long time ago on my P's with a story attached to it(but still no excuse). The road is patrolled regulary, and driving on it alot i see alot of people pulled up, it was also wet and many have randomly come unstuck because of the truck wheel ruts in the road that fill with water. If i speed then im simply breaking the law like them. Sitting behind them was not an option or they would have slowed right up and pulled me over, to do who knows what or possibly take my car for a joy ride and stuff it.

Anywayz im over it now, statistically its good as it probably wont happen again now for a fair while anywayz:p

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Yeah what bloody little immature ****wits. I fully understand that you didn't want to do the wrong thing and be as bad as they were man and people like that want to test you and see your reaction which is ****ed not just for you but others on the road. You get all sorts on the road like that but what you said what they did is way out of line. People like that need to be sorted out and be placed in hospital. I know you can't sort every **** on the road but in a way you did the right thing and let it go. Which is hard to do! If I was in a 4wd trayback or something I probably would of played the game and ran into them. But it's easy saying that from a keyboard. ;)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I could have, but im not losing my license again for speeding, especially over some wankers - which was a long time ago on my P's with a story attached to it(but still no excuse). The road is patrolled regulary, and driving on it alot i see alot of people pulled up, it was also wet and many have randomly come unstuck because of the truck wheel ruts in the road that fill with water. If i speed then im simply breaking the law like them. Sitting behind them was not an option or they would have slowed right up and pulled me over, to do who knows what or possibly take my car for a joy ride and stuff it.

Anywayz im over it now, statistically its good as it probably wont happen again now for a fair while anywayz:p

Did this all take place on Mt Ousley? If so, it's certainly not the place to be trying to pull handbrake turns or other clever tricks as suggested. Were you heading south into Wollongong or north towards Sydney?