Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idle issue

lachmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
NA 3ltr vl commodore
yeah i had trouble with that pin. could not shift the bastard. need the right punch for it, will get them tomorrow when i'm getting high tensile drill bits to drill out the bleed bolts! difficult without the right workspace though, don't have a bench vice, or anything to put it in - literally working on the car on the side of the street with some basic tools.

yeah i know what the signs of coolant and oil mixing are. seen a few cracked heads or shot gaskets in vls before. problem is i won't really be in a position to judge for sure until i have a decent sealed coolant system, which is gonna be a bit of work. get this - my mechanic sheared head off lower bleed bolt. point of shearing was about 2mm below the flush level of the housing in the intake manifold that the bolt screws into. so i had to drill into the centre of the remains of the bolt. used a 2mm drill bit, went all the way through the centre of the shaft of the bolt. then used an easy-out to back the bolt out, but unfortunately snapped 5mm of the easy-out off inside the hole in the bolt. so now i have a piece of high tensile steel stuck inside the bolt, which is stuck inside the intake manifold. can't drill around it cos the drill bits chew into the housing instead of the stud, or just sit on top of the hight tensile steel easy-out, doing nothing. so i'm gonna have to drill the whole lot out with a new high tensile drill bit and replace it with a new larger bolt.

needless to say, when i've got the car running again, i'll change the coolant myself from here on in.

don't have the gear to do a compression test properly. will have to think about that when the coolant system is fine...

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I have had a brand new CAS faulty.