Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

idle issues

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
They should operate between 0.1v and 0.9v continuously.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
If they indicate 0.4v all the time, it could indicate that they are lazy and not doing their job properly. A properly functioning o2 sensor will switch between rich and lean, or 0.1 and 0.9v, the graph will be all over the place, and be jagged.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
When your mechanic fitted the new IAC, did he measure the distance from the flange or gasket mounting surface of the IAC valve to the tip of the pintle?
If the distance was greater than 28 mm, it has to be reduced before fitting.

According to my book, after fitting the IAC, the engine must be held at around 2500 rpm for 20 seconds to reset the IAC.
The PCM will have to re learn its idle mode.
I can take a certain amount of time before the idle motor re sets for the correct idle speed.

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
When your mechanic fitted the new IAC, did he measure the distance from the flange or gasket mounting surface of the IAC valve to the tip of the pintle?
If the distance was greater than 28 mm, it has to be reduced before fitting.

According to my book, after fitting the IAC, the engine must be held at around 2500 rpm for 20 seconds to reset the IAC.
The PCM will have to re learn its idle mode.
I can take a certain amount of time before the idle motor re sets for the correct idle speed.

Don't think so. This part was a genuine Holden, ordered from the VIN. Ill just disconnect the battery leave it for half day, pull out iac and measure. Apparently if ya disconnect power to it, reconnect and start, this will reset it too and will have to learn the idle again. Ill try your way.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I think the correct way to reset idle on ls1 based cars is to get to operating temp, idle 10 mins park, 10 mins in drive, 10 mins park ac on and 10 mins drive ac on. There's an idle relearn procedure in google somewhere, search ls1 idle relearn procedure

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
No...That's an old wife's tail.
I'll be buggered if I would idle my car for 40 minutes.