Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idle learn procedure.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

Taj Mullins

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx v6 sedan auto

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Codes ?,
I didn't see that mentioned earlier
what were the codes ?
As you may of been throwing parts at it that may not been required.

Last edited:

Taj Mullins

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx v6 sedan auto
Codes ?,
I didn't see that mentioned earlier
what were the codes ?
As you may of been throwing parts at it that may not been required.
Yeah so before any of this had happened, we had the car scanned (vt ls1 commodore) and the tps, iac and knock sensors came up as a fault, so we went on eBay got those parts, gaskets etc, replaced the knock sensors, tps and iac, then started the car it then had done the high idle (for reference this was done about 5-6 months ago) me and my father both kinda thought that because they are new sensors maybe this is what it is supposed to start up like, but as we lead up to about a month ago, got a call from mum saying that the vt is low on oil (which is an issue, but not related to this) so I drive up to where mum was put more oil in but she had also said that the car was not stopping, which was also said in a comment, and so I rang dad told him what happened, he said get the oem tps and iac and swap them over so I did, idle goes back to normal and the car brakes, leading up to only a week ago we decided this time not just to get eBay brand parts which is what we did, and bought GOSS brand sensors, even the knock sensors and the air temp, just so we had good brand sensors, and so weekend just gone replaced the oem with goss tps and iac, started it and the same high idle rev, so we just took the goss tps off and put the oem one back on and it seems it doesn’t high idle, dad doesn’t know what’s going on, so went on here and saw something about the idle learn procedure, so pre much main question atm is that if we put the goss sensors back on and do the idle learn procedure, do u think this may resolve the issue as they are new sensors?

StevoInSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSS Crewman LS1 Auto .VZ Ute V6 Auto. VU SS Ut
Would have liked to know how it turned out. .... Just got a SS VU having a combination of a few issues recently mentioned.... First cold start I've had High rev followed by continual high idle, erratic revs for 30 seconds and not sure if related Thermo Fans constantly on... Then erratic revs when driving. ..... but then runs and idles fine...Might try Learn Idle Procedure. See how I Go...

StevoInSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSS Crewman LS1 Auto .VZ Ute V6 Auto. VU SS Ut
Do you think this may be becoming required because the battery is on the way out. Which could be causing a loss of memory due to a lower than required charge........ I know with my SS Crewman the ABS Fault starts to come up..... Within 6 Mths Battery needs replacing & ABS Fault stops....!.?.! Thanks for any feedback.

Taj Mullins

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx v6 sedan auto
Do you think this may be becoming required because the battery is on the way out. Which could be causing a loss of memory due to a lower than required charge........ I know with my SS Crewman the ABS Fault starts to come up..... Within 6 Mths Battery needs replacing & ABS Fault stops....!.?.! Thanks for any feedback.
for both of ur comments you said, i would try doing the idle learn procedure first then spending over $100-150 for what could potentially not change a thing, this idle learn proceudre in fact works very well, i was going to comment on here saying that my dads vt high idle issue is now resolved because of the ILP, but forgot to do so, and about 2-3 months later and it has not idled high with the new parts since doing the ILP. ill attach the ILP protocol if you dont already have access to it, but i dare say after completing it, youll be set.
file:///C:/Users/tajmu/Downloads/Idle%20learn%20procedures.pdf