Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idling trouble in magna?

Stranger

Reaction score
I have a 91 mitsubishi magna.

Now when Im stopped at traffic lights, i can hear the engine whir up and down.

When I put it on park and pull the handbrake up, the RPM goes from 1 to 1.7 to 1 to 1.7 and so forth.

Is this normal?

Or is it a problem.
If its a problem, what is it, and is it easy to fix (have fixed)

Stranger

Reaction score
Lol aware of those guys aswell, however the broader the horizon the better.

at the end of the day, whether its a holden, a ford, or a mitsubishi, its still a car, and some people have the know how about damn all :)

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
can the heater or air con make this happen?
maybe its blocked air intake or something, like it has to whir up to suck harder or something, maybe check filter and what not...

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
TPS is probably what it is.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
pulled this from a site i use a bit, mentioned above, for the girlfriends magna.

"ISC = Idle Speed Control motor, this could be stuffed. A quick way to check this is to turn on your A/C when the car is running, do your revs raise to compensate for the power loss? If not, chances are your ISC is stuffed.

www.nardek.com.au (I think) has them for about 250, but you can source then cheaper elsewhere, I just cant remember where

TPS could be set wrong, if it's too low this usually results (well this is what it did for me anyway) in constant revving when at what should be idle, like you're sitting there trying to egg someone on to drag you at the lights."

TPS is the throttal position sensor in case the thorough post from bangers wasnt helpful enough lol.