Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

if i convert my vz alloytec to a 5ltr can i get it engineered to be registered??

calais1ner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
if i convert my vz alloytec to a 5ltr can i get it engineered and then registered or is it not possible

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I doubt it as the 5 litre predates the VZ. They normally won’t allow an older engine into a newer car for emissions requirements as the older engine will put out more emissions.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Putting a old engine in a new car is not really a thing

Why put a 5l in ????? Do want a V8 will minimal power????

A LS on the other hand is a easy and approved swap as long as the engine complies with emissions from 2004

A cheaper and 1 bazillion times easier option would be to sell your VZ 6 cylinder and purchase a car with a V8 from factory

If you have a hard on for the old 5.0 you need a car from the era you engine is from, whether it is carby or injected

But, if your wallet is exceedingly flush, anything "may" be possible

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I say do it OP, I'm pretty keen to see somebody swap out a V6 for a V8 that makes exactly the same amount of power.
Would be good to see but you would struggle to get it registered due to the engine being older than the chassis.

calais1ner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
Putting a old engine in a new car is not really a thing

Why put a 5l in ????? Do want a V8 will minimal power????

A LS on the other hand is a easy and approved swap as long as the engine complies with emissions from 2004

A cheaper and 1 bazillion times easier option would be to sell your VZ 6 cylinder and purchase a car with a V8 from factory

If you have a hard on for the old 5.0 you need a car from the era you engine is from, whether it is carby or injected

But, if your wallet is exceedingly flush, anything "may" be possible
i am only on my ps, my mate has a 5ltr wrecking and selling engine cheap low kms, my brother is able to put the engine in for me