Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

if i convert my vz alloytec to a 5ltr can i get it engineered to be registered??

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well. The biggest one until you want it registered.
Nah mate, I don't think that will ever be a problem......... If the OP can get it running and driveable, getting it engineered will be a walk in the park......

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
nah mate just pissed off that there’s old pricks on here that have to be smart arses to my question, if you don’t know the answer or wanna be a smart arse, don’t comment simple as that keyboard warriors

Us old pricks as you put it seem to know what is legal and what isn't....Strangely enough we were young and stupid once and like to pass on out knowledge so young twirps like yourself don't fall into the same traps...But like most young twirps, they don't want to listen and then start crying when they have sunk in thousands of dollars into something and never be able to register it.

So to finish it off, your best bet is actually speak to an engineer and they can tell you how many thousands of dollars you need to sink into the car with some glimmer of registering it....Asking us old pricks on the forum won't be able to approve the conversion mainly because we are keyboard warriors and keyboard warriors can't tick the relevant paper work in person

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
mate 5L v8s are legal on my ps where i live and nah why don’t you move on i posted a simple question and smart arses have to answer irrelevant answers simple yes or no like some people actually did

I sure will move on...Little twits like yourself don't listen to begin with...You get an idea in your head and after many thousands of dollars fall flat on your face and realise it can't be done....

But hey us old pricks know sfa

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nah mate, I don't think that will ever be a problem......... If the OP can get it running and driveable, getting it engineered will be a walk in the park......

The problem I can see is emission stuff....I believe the motor has to be the same year or later to comply with the regulations.....Seeing 304's weren't available when the VZ came out, I can see that being the stumbling point...I'm sure the 304 finished at the VT or VX.....The VZ had the LS1 from memory

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L